Shock's Week 14 Booms and Busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shock's Week 14 Booms and Busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shock's Week 14 Booms and Busts

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm

BOOMS

QUARTERBACKS

Matt Cassel. Lose and the Pats are out of the playoffs. Methinks Cassel won't let that happen, and the Seahawks don't have any James Harrisons. 245 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Matt Hasselbeck. Lol, our pass D sucks. 235 yds, 2 TD

Brett Favre. Kind of relating to the point above, but the Jets basically need to win out. If they do, they're guaranteed a playoff spot, and it all starts with this guy against an underwhelming Niners D. 260 yds, 2 TD, the typical Brett Favre INT.

Shaun Hill. And on the other side, we have Shaun Hill. The Jets should thump the Niners, but Hill can rack up serious garbage time yards (see the Dallas game for details), and the Jets have a bad enough pass D to warrant consideration even if the game isn't a blowout. 235 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Kyle Orton. I like to put 3 guys per position, but I felt like throwing in extra QBs. The Jags are replacing Rashean Mathis with Drayton Florence. Come on. 235 yds, 2 TD

WIDE RECEIVERS

Domenik Hixon. Probably a week too late, but with Burress out for sure, he takes the role of a good big possession receiver to go alongside Smith. 5 rec, 60 yds

Kevin Walter. The Pack might move Woodson to SS because of injuries, meaning Harris may slide over to Andre Johnson, leaving Walter to match up against someone like Williams or Blackmon or whoever the Packers 3rd CB is. 5 rec, 50 yds, 1 TD

Davone Bess. Meet the Greg Camarillo from Hawaii. Buffalo's secondary is beatable, and Pennington is targeting this guy plenty. 5 rec, 65 yds

RUNNING BACKS

Kevin Smith. Why am I doing this after last week? Whatever...the Williams monsters are gone, which leads me to assume this will open things up for Daunte a bit, which leads me to assume the Lions will double team Jared Allen, which leads me to assume Smith will get touches. This is the Lions best chance for a win now. 65 yds, 1 TD

Cedric Benson. Why am I doing this? Anyways...Gary Bracket is out, the Colts are starting some nobody named Buster Davis over Keiaho (??) at MLB, so Benson better run right at this guy. But please, don't use him unless you're desperate. He's a Bengal. 50 yds, 1 TD

Tim Hightower. Same situations as above...use only if really needed. Hightower did have a big game against the Lamsb last time out though, and he vultured a couple short scores last week. Lettuce see if he can repeat. 75 yds, 1 TD.

D/ST

Indianapolis Colts. They're playing Ken Dorsey. That's all I'm going to say.

BUSTS

QUARTERBACKS

Joe Flacco. Washington loses and they're out of the postseason. They're going to come to play, and their pass D is nothing to scoff at. All these multiple score games as of recent will likely end here. (9 TD, 2 INT in his past 5 games...that's pretty darn good) 200 yds, 1 TD

Philolp Rivers. I'd love to see him throw up a fat 0, but he'll still get his, albeit likely not the gaudy numbers he's capable of chucking up. 205 yds, 1 TD

Jason Campbell. The Ravens have allowed a 4:11 TD:INT ratio recently. Yikes. 225 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

WIDE RECEIVERS

TJ Houshmazilly (championship!). All the Colts really have to do is contain him and they win. Their pass/rush D splits are scary. 5 rec, 40 yds

Braylon Edwards. Finnegan + Dorsey = me benching him in the leagues I have him. 4 rec, 30 yds

Santonio Holmes. Hope you enjoyed the freebie against NE buddy, because Dallas's pass D is much better. Plus, Pacman is clearly the best corner in the league, and he's back (sarcasm). 4 rec, 35 yds

RUNNING BACKS

Frank Gore. The Porky One was the lone stalwart against a normally good NYJ D. They should return to form against Gore. 70 yds

Clinton Portis. I have him and Gore in one of my leagues. Hmmm. Anyways, he's banged up, plays a tenacious Ravens D (new band name?), and hasn't scored in 3 straight. Can't see a big game here. 60 yds

Marion Barber. His toe is messed up, Choice has looked decent, and the Steelers D is still good. It's tough to bench these 3 guys, but please temper expectations. And hopefully you got value for Barber before the trade deadline, because his playoff schedule is brutal. 60 yds.

Good week last week...but I'd trade that for a Pats win. Win out you hosers!
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shock's Week 14 Booms and Busts

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Oh, I need to add that if the Williams's end up playing, Kevin Smith is no longer on my boom list
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shock's Week 14 Booms and Busts

Postby Guru13 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:33 pm

The Williams' are supposed to be playing last I heard. Also someone that may be obvious, but whatever: Slaton v. The Pack, our run D is awful.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk