Another kicker question... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another kicker question...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another kicker question...

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:09 pm

I have had a really bad year with kickers. I drafted Feely and Jeff Reed and dropped them and have had almost all of the FA kickers on my roster. I now have Gary Anderson and have been happy with him. Is Matt Stover better though? I know Stover has been doing very good lately and I don't know if I should drop Gary for him.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:15 pm

Gary Anderson is a solid kicker even if he is like 300 years old. Stover probably has a better chance of kicking field goals than Anderson though. The year the Ravens won the Super Bowl I can remember Stover WAS the offense. They were winning games 12 to 10 and stuff like that. This year is starting to turn out that way now that they have very little chance of passing for TD's with Redman. I always try to look for the kickers that are on teams that are just good enough on offense to get to the 25 yard line and then blow it. That way the kicker gets tons of field goals. But, if you're scoring at will and getting 30 points a game like the Titans are, the kicker is still getting his share. I'd say as long as Anderson is still getting you good points, don't bother. The difference in score will be minimal.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:15 pm

if your happy with him why change????.......and why did you change your name?????just curious
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:15 pm

Gary Anderson is a solid kicker even if he is like 300 years old. Stover probably has a better chance of kicking field goals than Anderson though. The year the Ravens won the Super Bowl I can remember Stover WAS the offense. They were winning games 12 to 10 and stuff like that. This year is starting to turn out that way now that they have very little chance of passing for TD's with Redman. I always try to look for the kickers that are on teams that are just good enough on offense to get to the 25 yard line and then blow it. That way the kicker gets tons of field goals. But, if you're scoring at will and getting 30 points a game like the Titans are, the kicker is still getting his share. I'd say as long as Anderson is still getting you good points, don't bother. The difference in score will be minimal.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:23 pm

Zombiez wrote:if your happy with him why change????.......and why did you change your name?????just curious

I didn't. Click on the "L" ans see what happens and you will understand. The L isn't part of my name.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smackthefirst » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:31 pm

I never knew about the L. Thanks for the info Mr. Zimm. As for your being new to the game, I must say Ive seen some of your posts and you know an awful lot about football. You should do very well in your fantasy football ventures.

As for the kicker question, to stay on topic, I would stick with Anderson. Stover has been good yes, but I would be worried with how well Stover will do with Boller out.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Super Freak » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:57 am

gary anderson is the most reliable kicker in the league
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:20 am

smackthefirst wrote:I never knew about the L. Thanks for the info Mr. Zimm. As for your being new to the game, I must say Ive seen some of your posts and you know an awful lot about football. You should do very well in your fantasy football ventures.

As for the kicker question, to stay on topic, I would stick with Anderson. Stover has been good yes, but I would be worried with how well Stover will do with Boller out.

Thanks, the L is a new feature here on the cafe. It got installed yesterday. Yea, I am a first year FF player. I do know a lot about football because I have watched it and gotten into it for a while. I had just never played FF. I am doing pretty good in my league. Nothing great, 6-4.

That is a good point about Boller. I think I am going to staick with Gary, the all time points leader.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk