Tommy Tuberville Gone from Auburn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Tommy Tuberville Gone from Auburn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tommy Tuberville Gone from Auburn

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Tommy has been bought out from Auburn. No link yet.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tommy Tuberville Gone from Auburn

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Word is the top names they are looking at are:

Mike Leach
Butch Davis
Turner Gil
Brian Kelly

I heard they wanted to talk to Muschamp, but the Texas AD wouldn't give them permission to speak with him.

I also saw that TT may go to Mississippi Stete
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:37 pm

I heard Doug Gottlieb talking about this today, and he brought up an interesting point about how TT had a better career winning percentage than Auburns all-time percentage, had an undefeated season and consistent successs against 'Bama (albeit in down years for them), and he still only made it 10 years. Makes you wonder how you could accept an SEC job if you wanted to stay employed for longer than 10-12 years...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:17 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:I heard Doug Gottlieb talking about this today, and he brought up an interesting point about how TT had a better career winning percentage than Auburns all-time percentage, had an undefeated season and consistent successs against 'Bama (albeit in down years for them), and he still only made it 10 years. Makes you wonder how you could accept an SEC job if you wanted to stay employed for longer than 10-12 years...

Change that 10-12 years to 3-5 years and I agree with that statement.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:28 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I heard Doug Gottlieb talking about this today, and he brought up an interesting point about how TT had a better career winning percentage than Auburns all-time percentage, had an undefeated season and consistent successs against 'Bama (albeit in down years for them), and he still only made it 10 years. Makes you wonder how you could accept an SEC job if you wanted to stay employed for longer than 10-12 years...

Change that 10-12 years to 3-5 years and I agree with that statement.

True - I was being too generous :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Auburn is interested in JimBo Fisher, but with the new buy out in his contract after last season. They would have to pay 10 million to buy him and TT out just to be able to pay Fisher.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to College Football