Kevin Johnson cut by the Browns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Johnson cut by the Browns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby greatgretzky » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:19 am

I think it is a little mroe complicated than that. I think he could also elect not to go, no? Does getting cut mean that you are a free agent? I think so.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:28 pm

Anyone smell a bigger story here? Just all doesn't make sense to me. He was the team leader in receptions and then he is benched. I get that there are other talented receivers on the team but... Then a week later he is gone? No trade talk or anything, just gone. Team reports that he was not "adjusting well" to his role as a back up. WELL WHO THE HELL WOULD! I have this guy on my team and am hoping he gets new life somewhere else. Phila, NYJ, NE, SD. Just seems to me there is more to this story then we have heard so far.

Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:48 pm

Im from Cleveland and this really sucks! Butch Davis has a plan to clean house of any players he didnt recruit. Trust me, Couch is next. The whole city is in an uproar over this. I was hoping KJ would go prosper in Minnesota but reports say that Detroit has already jumped on him.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:31 pm

Yea, detroit makes sense. Actually once Rogers comes back that could be a good combo with Harrington. Now all they need is a running game and an O line. Oh yea and a D. Oh yea and special teams. Ok they will still suck.

Postby greenman » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:36 pm

at least they are starting to show signs of heading in the right direction....... or is that just me being optimistic?
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JrcWy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:47 pm

I think it is a little mroe complicated than that. I think he could also elect not to go, no? Does getting cut mean that you are a free agent? I think so.

Actually it is very similar to how things work in Yahoo! Beleive it or not your league is based off of something, that something is the NFL. Yeah it is a little more complicated that your PC version but the overall procedure is still the same. The order goes through each team from the worst record to the best, and if no one claims KJ at that point, he becomes a free agent then. However, if the lions claim him and he refuses to sigh, he is not permitted to sign with another team until next year. This happened last year when Dion Sanders asked to be waived from the Redskins to sign with the Raiders before the playoffs. Old Coach Marty in San Diego claimed Dion first. Dion refused to play for him but Marty got what he wanted because Dion couldn't sign with anyone else. However, I doubt anyone wastes their time with claiming KJ unless they actually want him.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:53 pm

JrcWY wrote:This happened last year when Dion Sanders asked to be waived from the Redskins to sign with the Raiders before the playoffs. Old Coach Marty in San Diego claimed Dion first. Dion refused to play for him but Marty got what he wanted because Dion couldn't sign with anyone else. However, I doubt anyone wastes their time with claiming KJ unless they actually want him.

I love marty for that, that was gutsy and well just a big FU from marty. I heard someone comment that Marty looks like super dave osborne, i had to laugh because i often thought that when he was in DC but now with the big SD on his hat, ROTFLMAO its too funny. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:54 pm

He just got picked up by Jacksonville..... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:56 pm

New reports say KJ is now a Jag.

Postby Mudd » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:58 pm

I gotta assume this makes Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor and Leftwich even better.

If the Jag's D could stop someone, they could be tough!!
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk