Vent & Vindication - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vent & Vindication

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vent & Vindication

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Well, for the first time in 3 years I'm in the playoffs. Not only so, but I am the #1 seed!

My studs are Brees, Barber, Jennings, A. Johnson, Crosby/Carney, NYG/Ravens.

I've used Graham, K. Smith, B. Green-Ellis, Benson, and Hillis as my #2, and my weakness has been TE.

So, here's my vent and vindication.

VENT: The league allowed - against my eternal reasonable pleadings - a last second trade of McFadden for Warner & Leinart. Now, we are a dynasty league, but we're talking about the #1 scoring player - even with 4 point TDs! - for a RB who was 44th. What made it worse was that the trade went to the guy who was ahead of me in my division. Now his one weakness was addressed and he was stacked.

We entered week 13 tied at 9-3 and faced each other in a head to head matchup. I had handly won the first meeting.

VINDICATION: Thanksgiving Day he had Warner, Westbrook and Chris Johnson...77 points from 3 guys! I started K. Smith & Barber, so I got a total of 13 points out of my RB squad. Plus I decided to play Heap instead of Carlson. I was sure I was sunk. Sunday came and my team did very well - thanks to the Ravens - while his didn't - thanks to the Packers. The end of day score was 102 to 95. I had A. Johnson on Monday night...

So I get the week 14 bye. Couldn't have come at a better time with Barber hurt and going against Pittsburgh.

So I'm a happy and - so far - a vindicated owner/commish. The unfortunate thing is I will probably have to face this guy in week 15. That's the game I have to win.
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vent & Vindication

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:40 am

Nothing wrong with that trade in a dynasty or otherwise.

See this thread for more about "uneven" trades and where a commish should veto. General debate starts around page 2.
viewtopic.php?t=423535&start=20

Good luck in the playoffs.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Vent & Vindication

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:50 am

Thanks.

Update: I'm headed to the Superbowl!

Played my optimal, which was Brees, Rhodes, Choice, AJ, Jennings, Carlson, Crosby and Ravens. 123.78, best score of my season.

The sweetest thing was this game was matchup #3 against the team benefiting from that Warner/Leinart for McFadden Trade. He had Warner, C. Johnson, Westbrook, Ginn, Roddy White, Shiancoe, Kasay and Packers. He sat Cassel for Warner! Ah, the vindication.

I was fortunate this week to have several RB in my stable. The team I'll face was the other dominator. Strangely, no upsets in this year's playoffs yet. What a team he has: Rivers, SJack, Mouse, A. Bryant, The Steve Smith, O. Daniels, M. Bryant and Dolphins with Lynch, Holmes, Bironas and Tennesse on the bench.

This year I've just been fortunate not to have any major injuries, and no major duds.

Hopefully, I'll be added to the ranks of the 4 other Steeltowne Champs.
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting