OSU loses, No chance for PSU National Championship? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

OSU loses, No chance for PSU National Championship?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: OSU loses, No chance for PSU National Championship?

Postby eagles21 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:I hoped for Oregon to beat Oregon State so we could play USC in the Rose Bowl, but it might just be that outcome which prevents Penn State from having ANY chance for the National Championship in this 2008-9 computer BCS era.

With USC now winning the Pac10, and being that they are rated above PSU, even if Missouri beats OK, PSU wouldn't get into the Championship game.

It is sad that even though PSU has a better record against common opponents, USC gets ranked above them. :-t

Potentially even worse would be if OK loses and then the BCS inserts a team which didn't even win its' conference.

A PSU victory in the Rose bowl over USC would be just one more cry for an NCAA Playoff to decide who is best on the field and not in the PC.

It now seems like every year, the BCS system for determing a National Championship becomes more and more a joke and a tainted trophy for the awarded team?

PSU can prove the BCS wrong by beating USC in the Rose Bowl. They won't though because USC is the better team

USC might be the better team, but Penn State is winning it. So there. :^ :-)
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:46 am

eagles21 wrote:USC might be the better team, but Penn State is winning it. So there. :^ :-)

I bet USC is favored by more than 12 points in the opening line.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:07 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
eagles21 wrote:USC might be the better team, but Penn State is winning it. So there. :^ :-)

I bet USC is favored by more than 12 points in the opening line.

and I would be all over 12 points :-L
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 am

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
PSU can prove the BCS wrong by beating USC in the Rose Bowl. They won't though because USC is the better team

Yeah I'm kinda thinking USC is going to crush Penn....I kinda think the Beavers would have too. :-?

I've been wrong before though.....lots of times. :-B

What makes you think that the same Beavers team that got destroyed by Penn St. earlier in the year would crush them if they met in the Rose Bowl? :-?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 am

After watching the games yesterday, I think Florida and OK are the teams which must play in the national championship game. Still, now I have a couple of observations/questions.

Stop Tebow, stop Florida.
Big 12 defenses suck.
OK is a scoring machine, but I'd like to see how they do against the Florida defense.
Penn State WILL beat USC and if I can get 12 points and PSU, I will be betting my paycheck on that one and using the winnings to take the family to next year's National Championship game where PSU will roar. :-D
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:15 am

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Stop Tebow, stop Florida.

Not when Percy is healthy...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:15 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Yeah I'm kinda thinking USC is going to crush Penn....I kinda think the Beavers would have too. :-?

I've been wrong before though.....lots of times. :-B

What makes you think that the same Beavers team that got destroyed by Penn St. earlier in the year would crush them if they met in the Rose Bowl? :-?

Because to me they looked like a much better team than they were their 2nd game of the season while Penn to me didn't look like the same team they were in that same game.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Metroid wrote:Because to me they looked like a much better team than they were their 2nd game of the season while Penn to me didn't look like the same team they were in that same game.

Totally agree. Also you have the cross the country factor. Teams that come east and play early games tend to get destroyed. Think Ca/Mary this year, and OSU/PSU. These guys are playing at what is 9 AM to there body. They just aren't ready and they get blown out early. Maryland was up 21 points before Cal could blink. OSU was down 28-0 just into in the second quarter. (The PSU game was at 3:30, but still that is early for these guys because they don't get there until the day before due to class. That is a tough thing to fly across country on a Friday and then play football the next day)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Because to me they looked like a much better team than they were their 2nd game of the season while Penn to me didn't look like the same team they were in that same game.

Totally agree. Also you have the cross the country factor. Teams that come east and play early games tend to get destroyed. Think Ca/Mary this year, and OSU/PSU. These guys are playing at what is 9 AM to there body. They just aren't ready and they get blown out early. Maryland was up 21 points before Cal could blink. OSU was down 28-0 just into in the second quarter. (The PSU game was at 3:30, but still that is early for these guys because they don't get there until the day before due to class. That is a tough thing to fly across country on a Friday and then play football the next day)

Could be that they have to go across the country...also could be that the Pac 10 is overrated...

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:31 pm

USC will cruise by Penn State and it won't even be a contest. Look for another 35-3 dismantling; possibly a little closer if Sanchez just goes out there on cruise control.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football