Suck it up Buffalonians - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Suck it up Buffalonians

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Suck it up Buffalonians

Postby ngub12 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:57 pm

This was a very difficult season to be a bills fan. especially a season ticket holder.

At season's start, it was hard not to be optimistic about them. The Bills had so many tricks up their sleeves. They ran the no-huddle offense beautifully in preseason and in the first couple games. They had ran plays out of the Wildcat effectively. They had playmakers on offense that could cause mismatches (Hardy's size on the flanks, Roscoe's quickness in the slot) not to mention the talents of Evans, Marshawn, etc.

I think the Bills shortcomings are a combination of a few different factors. These are not in any specific order:

1) Play Calling- We all know that the dink and dunk offense was only going to work for so long. It was sickening as the season progressed the less and less shots they took down field (especially with a top 5 talent at WR in Evans).

2) LT Jason Peters- Its clear the guy hasn't been in game shape this season and is dogging it most plays on offense. The cafe has been conflicted on the issue of Peters ever since preseason. I'm the first to admit that when you have a premier LT, you need to pay him. But its not like Peters was making peanuts. He was making 2.5 mill a year. He still had 3 years on his current contract. While Peters held out the Bills said 'If he comes to camp, we will talk contract.' Of course the lazy fool stayed home, got out of shape, and didn't report until the first game of the season.

3) They need to stop practicing in that damn Fieldhouse. For those of you unaware, the Bills really aren't a cold weather team. Reason being is that they do not practice in cold weather. They have a god-forsaken Fieldhouse that sits right next to the stadium that they practice in during the colder months. They come out on sunday, play in The Ralph, and stink it up.

4) Trent Edwards. I love the guy, but he is not a cold/windy weather QB.

I could name probably about 2-3 other gripes that I have with the Bills right now, but it sickens me to type anymore.

Its just so crazy how a single sports team can uplift this entire city for a period of 2 months, and just like that-- make everyone feel like total crap.

And Canadians, stop talking about the move to Toronto. Although it improbable, it just makes us feel even worse. Its funny, we Buffalonians must be masochists. The Bills make us feel like absolute crap, but threaten to take them away, and we may fight you.

I guess it could be worse. We could be Lions fans. Speaking of which, why don't you darn Canadians try to take the Lions, they are just as close to Canada as the Bills.

Alright, end rant.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:36 pm

ngub12 wrote:I guess it could be worse. We could be Lions fans. Speaking of which, why don't you darn Canadians try to take the Lions, they are just as close to Canada as the Bills.

Alright, end rant.

Talk about instigating an international incident!
Our little brothers to the North have enough problems digesting moose meat and back-bacon to bite off a chunk of nausea-inducing Lions football.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:06 pm

ngub12 wrote:I guess it could be worse. We could be Lions fans.

It could be worse...you actually lost to the Lions this year 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 pm

ngub12 wrote:This was a very difficult season to be a bills fan. especially a season ticket holder.

At season's start, it was hard not to be optimistic about them. The Bills had so many tricks up their sleeves. They ran the no-huddle offense beautifully in preseason and in the first couple games. They had ran plays out of the Wildcat effectively. They had playmakers on offense that could cause mismatches (Hardy's size on the flanks, Roscoe's quickness in the slot) not to mention the talents of Evans, Marshawn, etc.

I think the Bills shortcomings are a combination of a few different factors. These are not in any specific order:

1) Play Calling- We all know that the dink and dunk offense was only going to work for so long. It was sickening as the season progressed the less and less shots they took down field (especially with a top 5 talent at WR in Evans).

2) LT Jason Peters- Its clear the guy hasn't been in game shape this season and is dogging it most plays on offense. The cafe has been conflicted on the issue of Peters ever since preseason. I'm the first to admit that when you have a premier LT, you need to pay him. But its not like Peters was making peanuts. He was making 2.5 mill a year. He still had 3 years on his current contract. While Peters held out the Bills said 'If he comes to camp, we will talk contract.' Of course the lazy fool stayed home, got out of shape, and didn't report until the first game of the season.

3) They need to stop practicing in that damn Fieldhouse. For those of you unaware, the Bills really aren't a cold weather team. Reason being is that they do not practice in cold weather. They have a god-forsaken Fieldhouse that sits right next to the stadium that they practice in during the colder months. They come out on sunday, play in The Ralph, and stink it up.

I could name probably about 2-3 other gripes that I have with the Bills right now, but it sickens me to type anymore.

Its just so crazy how a single sports team can uplift this entire city for a period of 2 months, and just like that-- make everyone feel like total crap.

And Canadians, stop talking about the move to Toronto. Although it improbable, it just makes us feel even worse. Its funny, we Buffalonians must be masochists. The Bills make us feel like absolute crap, but threaten to take them away, and we may fight you.

I guess it could be worse. We could be Lions fans. Speaking of which, why don't you darn Canadians try to take the Lions, they are just as close to Canada as the Bills.

Alright, end rant.

Not to kick you when you are down but over the weekend Tom Golisano put the Sabres up for sale on an emergency basis. Link

From the report:

The article says that a deal could be struck where the Sabres play part of a home schedule in Hamilton's Copps Coliseum.

So the Bills and Sabres could be playing parts of their schedules in Southern Ontario. Sorry.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ngub12 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
ngub12 wrote:This was a very difficult season to be a bills fan. especially a season ticket holder.

Alright, end rant.

Not to kick you when you are down but over the weekend Tom Golisano put the Sabres up for sale on an emergency basis. Link

From the report:

The article says that a deal could be struck where the Sabres play part of a home schedule in Hamilton's Copps Coliseum.

So the Bills and Sabres could be playing parts of their schedules in Southern Ontario. Sorry.

The Sabres aren't for sale. Thats a rumor, don't treat it as fact.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:39 pm

ngub12 wrote:The Sabres aren't for sale. Thats a rumor, don't treat it as fact.

It's more than just a rumour. It comes from Jim Kelley and he is an insider, he knows his stuff. Larry Quinn came out and issued a statement today denying that they are in negotiations to sell the team and saying that they would not move the team out of Buffalo. That's great, but he is expected to say that. He later confirmed that they have taken calls inquiring into the sale of the team. It's also known that the person most likely to be talking to them is Jim Balsillie who is only interested in the NHL for the purpose of bringing another team to southern Ontario. Why is he taking calls if they don't want to sell the team? It's more than a rumour, there is a definite risk of the team leaving Buffalo in the next 2 years.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk