Return to College Football

Week 15 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 15 Games Talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:29 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Harvin will not play today for the Gators

An interesting stat --

The Gators have played the Tide 5 times for the SEC Championship. EVERYTIME the team that scores first goes on to trail at half and ultimately lose the game :-?

You have a source on your Harvin news? I've heard doubtful all morning but nothing definitive.

Here's another interesting stat for you: Florida has only trailed in one game all year, the Ole Miss loss.

I think these teams are VERY even. They both have great offenses and great defenses. I think the team that scores on defense/special teams/whatever wins the game. Field position will be very important. I wouldn't make a big deal out of the fact that Alabama will control the clock though. The Gators have lost the time of position aspect of the game in most games this season.

With that said, I'll make the homer pick and take Florida to cover, with or without Harvin.

(Watch out for Deonte Thompson if Harvin doesn't play. He was a HUGE athlete recruit who plays WR for Florida and looks to play the role of Harvin if he doesn't play.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3749661

Not definite I guess, but pretty telling. Agree on Thompson though. Watch out for Demps and Rainey running
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:29 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Could not be more pumped for the Bama-Florida matchup. Harvin out is a blow to the Gators but I still think they have more than enough firepower to compensate. I'll take UF 27-20 in a great game. ;-D

31 - 17 Florida
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Looking forward, and hoping for an upset win by the #1 team in the nation. :-?

Meanwhile, BC are redefining suck.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:32 pm

Exciting finish in the Tulsa-ECU game, if anyone cares.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BritSox » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:34 pm

Heartbreaking end for Tulsa. Receiver twists his knee on a route, falls, and leaves the ECU DBack getting the pick uncontested.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:47 pm

BritSox wrote:Looking forward, and hoping for an upset win by the #1 team in the nation. :-?

Meanwhile, BC are redefining suck.

just curious why you want Bama to win? You have been pretty anti Florida all year :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BritSox » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:23 pm

1. I kinda love Nick Saban. I love the fact that he's so single-minded, and willing to be a complete asshole to get results, and not caring about what people think about him.
2. I tend to favour teams in states where there's no or few other sports options, and the college football teams ARE their state. 'Bama, Nebraska, to a lesser extent Oregon.
The combination of these factors means Bama has been the team, other than Navy, that i've watched most of this year (plus the timezone thing, obv, which makes SEC/Big 10/ACC teams easier to watch). So I've kinda grown fond of them.
3. Florida are just one of a few teams i have a really hard time rooting for.
4. The underdog factor.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BritSox » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

All that said, THAT was awesome.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Great drive by Florida. Tebow looked fantastic throwing the football.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Regarding Buffalo beating Ball State - fluky? Eh. Maybe. Buffalo played with more heart than Ball State.

Really, REALLY classy move by Buffalo to invite the 1958 Bulls to the bowl game. For those who don't know, Buffalo was invited to play in a bowl in 1958 - but not their Black players. They declined the bid and stayed home.

I don't know if Turner is going to take another gig. He's not your normal coach. He would have, of course, taken the Nebraska job if we'd have offered it to him, but he is very happy at Buffalo.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football