Round 1 next year. What will it look like? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Round 1 next year. What will it look like?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Round 1 next year. What will it look like?

Postby Portlis X » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Hey guys, I know its early and all, but we are now almost done with the entire 2008 fantasy season. And many of you might be like me with little or nothing left to cheer for this year. But that's a topic for another post.

My question is, what do you guys think the first round will look like next year in non-ppr 12 team seasonal redrafts? Make a list, 1-12 of what you think it would look like it the draft were held today. I ask, because me and a couple buddies were sitting around having a few cold ones the other night discussing it ourselves and we could not come to ANY consensus. I'll voice my own two cents in a while, but I'd like some unbiased opinions first. It's going to be crazy for fantasy football next year!
Portlis X
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 1 next year. What will it look like?

Postby joejlitz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Portlis X wrote:Hey guys, I know its early and all, but we are now almost done with the entire 2008 fantasy season. And many of you might be like me with little or nothing left to cheer for this year. But that's a topic for another post.

My question is, what do you guys think the first round will look like next year in non-ppr 12 team seasonal redrafts? Make a list, 1-12 of what you think it would look like it the draft were held today. I ask, because me and a couple buddies were sitting around having a few cold ones the other night discussing it ourselves and we could not come to ANY consensus. I'll voice my own two cents in a while, but I'd like some unbiased opinions first. It's going to be crazy for fantasy football next year!

You must have missed the playoffs to be interesting in this ;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Potential 1st rd picks(in no particuliar order):

Clinton Portis
Adrian Peterson
Michael Turner
Ladainian Tomlinson
Marion Barber III
Mathew Forte
Marshawn Lynch
Joseph Addai
Maurice Jones-Drew
Brandon Jacobs
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Thomas Jones

Those are just a few off the top of my head so I'm probably forgetting someone, I can't really see anyone taking a QB in the 1st, 2nd round could see Brees and Romo called, Chris Johnson is still in a committee so he's not of first round value, and some of these guys up here may not make it, MJD's value is dependent on if Fred Taylor leaves and who they draft...Same for Jacobs and how that backfield shakes up, Addai is on a down year but he won't make it out of the 1st and the feature backs are still going to be priority in most drafts.

Someone can rank the list if they want but it's far too early, you can't rank until the draft and free agency period, but things can change too much at this point.
Last edited by LS2throwed on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Portlis X » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:33 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Portlis X wrote:Hey guys, I know its early and all, but we are now almost done with the entire 2008 fantasy season. And many of you might be like me with little or nothing left to cheer for this year. But that's a topic for another post.

You must have missed the playoffs to be interesting in this ;-)

You must have missed the second sentence of my first paragraph :-S
Portlis X
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 am

No. I saw it. Just wanted to point out the obvious. :-P
Thanks for not pointing out that I can't quite grasp the rules of English grammar.

You must have missed the playoffs to be interesting in this

What is interesting is that Jackson and Addai are on the previous list. I could see them slipping a bit and a RB like CJ4.24 jumping into the 1st round. No Westbrook also says a bit about how people view his ability to stay healthy.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Popcynical » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 am

In PPR leagues you'll probably see these guys go in the 1st..

Forte
Chris Johnson
Thomas Jones
Westbrooke
Marion Barber
AD
Portis
Gore
LT
DeAngelo
Bush
Slaton
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby FFslacker » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:09 am

I could also see Warner going early along with Brees if he gets the 2 year starter deal that he wants.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby spodog » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm

FFslacker wrote:I could also see Warner going early along with Brees if he gets the 2 year starter deal that he wants.

God help the fool that takes Kurt Warner in the first 2 rounds of a draft next summer, regardless of his contact situation.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:45 pm

Popcynical wrote:In PPR leagues you'll probably see these guys go in the 1st..

Forte
Chris Johnson
Thomas Jones
Westbrooke
Marion Barber
AD
Portis
Gore
LT
DeAngelo
Bush
Slaton

Guys like Deangelo I'm not buying as 1st rd picks, just because I highly doubt any committee backs can squeeze into the first, the earliest we saw one come off this year was MJD and he was late 1st early 2nd rd value, Deangelo and CJ seem like 2nd rd picks, but I guess it all depends still...Addai could very easily slide down to the 3rd round with how this season is going, and you always have to wonder how long guys like Portis and Westbrook will hold up.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:48 pm

In non PPR redrafts, AP #1 overall is the only "definate" I think basically everyone will agree on.

While I don't agree with it, you all know it happens...

At least 1 QB will be drafted in round 1 next year.

At least 1 WR will also go in the first round.

All I know is, that as of 12/9/2008, I want to draw the #1 overall or something towards the end of round 1 in all of my drafts next year.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager