Week 14 GC: Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 14 GC: Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 14 GC: Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:43 pm

was down 28 points in a matchup against the number one seed... until Antonio Bryant showed up! 8-o 8-o 8-o
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hogan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:04 pm

All I needed was 6 points from a TB D that was third in our league overall and put up 23 points against Carolina last time they played. This time they couldn't even put up a third of that. Didn't see that coming. Ouch!
Hogan Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:42 pm

moochman wrote:I love the Monday Night GC this time of year. All the fantasy playoff implications-frustrations and jubilations being lived out as the game progresses. ;-D

Unreal game. Didn't see the Panzers ground attack destroying the Bucs like that. Dang. Needed about 16 pts and Smith easily covered for me. In another league I was hoplessly behind, down 28, and silly ole Antonio blows up for 41 pts. ;-D ;-D ;-D Gotta love it.
Being a Lions fan it was sweet to see Steve Smith pregame routine followed by actual performance. That man doesn't drop many, does he?
If he had a better QB...

GL to those that survived to play another week. Condolences to those whose dreams were shattered.

I agree, nothing beats a high scoring Monday Night game during fantasy playoffs, both teams were good, and the stats were crazy...I was almost tempted to go with Stewart and Deangelo in one redraft and said I was crazy, so I rolled with Deangelo and Kevin Faulk with Barber hurt, next week i think I take that chance and go with both guys again...don't expect a day like this again because this was one for the ages, but Stewart is just a good bet for a goal line TD and Deangelo almost looks like he's getting 100 yds and a TD at least every week now, I like my chances with both backs.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer