The Twelve Days of Christmas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Twelve Days of Christmas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Twelve Days of Christmas

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote: Next year should be the year of the .22. We'll see.

I got a .22 for Christmas when I was twelve. We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere so there wasn't much damage I could do aside from the local bird population. I grew up around guns so I knew the safety stuff, which is what matters. I wouldn't give a gun to a kid in the suburbs, but you're out in the country, so it's all good. ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:08 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

I got a .22 for Christmas when I was twelve. We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere so there wasn't much damage I could do aside from the local bird population. I grew up around guns so I knew the safety stuff, which is what matters. I wouldn't give a gun to a kid in the suburbs, but you're out in the country, so it's all good. ;-D

We live in town, but we obviously wouldn't shoot here. We'd shoot out at my dad's farm. And he will be taking a hunter's safety course before he even considers walking around with it. I let him shoot my .22 mag, but I'm right there, literally.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guru13 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:11 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:

We live in town, but we obviously wouldn't shoot here. We'd shoot out at my dad's farm. And he will be taking a hunter's safety course before he even considers walking around with it. I let him shoot my .22 mag, but I'm right there, literally.

just don't stand on the side where the shell ejects, one went right down my shirt while I was teaching my cousin to shoot. very.very.hot. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:41 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:just don't stand on the side where the shell ejects, one went right down my shirt while I was teaching my cousin to shoot. very.very.hot. :-b

I've caught them coming out and I've never felt them to be really that hot. Maybe a different model or something. This gun's a bolt action so maybe that has something to do with it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:just don't stand on the side where the shell ejects, one went right down my shirt while I was teaching my cousin to shoot. very.very.hot. :-b

I've caught them coming out and I've never felt them to be really that hot. Maybe a different model or something. This gun's a bolt action so maybe that has something to do with it.

Reminds me of a not so plesant experience during basic training. WE were live firing the M-16s and one of my sheels ejectd and landed (or should I say stucki) to the neck of the guy beside me. Watching the TI peel that off was not fun to watch.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:36 am

Tyeattolah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Reminds me of a not so plesant experience during basic training. WE were live firing the M-16s and one of my sheels ejectd and landed (or should I say stucki) to the neck of the guy beside me. Watching the TI peel that off was not fun to watch.

We were shooting .40 cal handguns this weekend and I thought about this. They're really not too hot at all. I mean when they hit the snow they melt it down a tad, but I can touch them immediately after they're ejected. Maybe it's the size of the rounds. My 7.62x39 never seem too hot either.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:45 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:We live in town, but we obviously wouldn't shoot here. We'd shoot out at my dad's farm. And he will be taking a hunter's safety course before he even considers walking around with it. I let him shoot my .22 mag, but I'm right there, literally.

just don't stand on the side where the shell ejects, one went right down my shirt while I was teaching my cousin to shoot. very.very.hot. :-b

Alright, Guru, this had to have been a different caliber than a .22. Either that or you're exaggerating big time. :-b ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk