O Favre O Favre why hast thou forsaken me??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

O Favre O Favre why hast thou forsaken me???

Moderator: Football Moderators

O Favre O Favre why hast thou forsaken me???

Postby SniperShot » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:59 pm

WHY???

WHY!!!

San Fransisco was a dream matchup!

WHY!

I'm not down and out yet but this performance makes winning an uphill battle. Cooley, Steve Smith and Bryant are going to have to have SOLID nights tonight/tomorrow. Usually when I post here in dire situations it's come through for me in the past so HERE IT GOES AGAIN.

I'd really rather not get eliminated in week 1 of the playoffs...

Pleeeeease fantasy football gods help me!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: O Favre O Favre why hast thou forsaken me???

Postby drinklime » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 pm

its official, favre has turned himself into a clown. and coles sure is no help, the jets blow.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:21 pm

The Jets suck. End of story. This is awful. We just can't win on the West coast at all. San Diego, Oakland, and now San Fran. We must win against Seattle on the road are we can kiss the playoffs goodbye. With Miami having to play Kansas City and San Fran the next two weeks it can come down to the Jets vs Miami week 17 in the meadowlands. If the Jets are a game back of Miami the Jets can't make it due to tie-brakers. Pretty pathetic... Just win out and you're in.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby biju » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:The Jets suck. End of story. This is awful. We just can't win on the West coast at all. San Diego, Oakland, and now San Fran. We must win against Seattle on the road are we can kiss the playoffs goodbye. With Miami having to play Kansas City and San Fran the next two weeks it can come down to the Jets vs Miami week 17 in the meadowlands. If the Jets are a game back of Miami the Jets can't make it due to tie-brakers. Pretty pathetic... Just win out and you're in.

I'll be at that game and I hope we knock you guys out of the playoffs. It's Holmgren's last home game in Seattle and even if we lose 3 spots in the draft I would like to see him finish his career in Qwest Field with a win.

Plus I love playing spoiler.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gmoney973 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Pennington will make the Jets look like fools when he beats them in week 17 and consequently knocks them out of the playoffs
gmoney973
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mattUTD20 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:35 pm

10 carries for Thomas Jones...pathetic. Have they not figured out that the running game is the strength of this team? Idiots.

gmoney973 wrote:Pennington will make the Jets look like fools when he beats them in week 17 and consequently knocks them out of the playoffs

I hope this happens so all these Favre lover blowhards can swallow that one.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 pm

biju wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:The Jets suck. End of story. This is awful. We just can't win on the West coast at all. San Diego, Oakland, and now San Fran. We must win against Seattle on the road are we can kiss the playoffs goodbye. With Miami having to play Kansas City and San Fran the next two weeks it can come down to the Jets vs Miami week 17 in the meadowlands. If the Jets are a game back of Miami the Jets can't make it due to tie-brakers. Pretty pathetic... Just win out and you're in.

I'll be at that game and I hope we knock you guys out of the playoffs. It's Holmgren's last home game in Seattle and even if we lose 3 spots in the draft I would like to see him finish his career in Qwest Field with a win.

Plus I love playing spoiler.

I don't know if it's worth Seattle to move 3 spots in the draft to have the one win against the Jets. The Hawks need some help :-b

mattUTD20 wrote:10 carries for Thomas Jones...pathetic. Have they not figured out that the running game is the strength of this team? Idiots.

Agreed. The one thing that I have to comment on is that the Jets were trailing the entire game and rarely had the ball. They had it for nearly 20 minutes less than the 49ers and ran a little bit less than 30 plays than the 49ers. The 49ers just outplayed and out coached the Jets today. Was pretty pathetic.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mattUTD20 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Yep, they had ZERO ball control. I feel like I come in here and beat my head against the wall every week because the Jets still haven't figured out they are better off centering the offense around the running game and not Favre. They have a great 1-2 punch with TJ and Washington but they keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Here is an interesting article from PFT. Coles speaks about Favre, but mostly complains about his role in the offense. I think this is pretty indicative of what I have been saying the last few weeks, this team has no identity whatsoever.

COLES ON FAVRE: THE JUGS MACHINE THROWS HARDER
Posted by Josh Alper on December 7, 2008, 8:32 p.m. EST

As if the Jets woeful play over the last two weeks wasn’t enough for them to worry about, they may have a little problem in the locker room when Brett Favre hears what Laveranues Coles had to say about him.

John Crumpacker of the San Francisco Chronicle (via Fanhouse) shared some comments that Coles made before today’s 24-14 loss to the 49ers. Coles thinks that Favre’s reputation as a good quarterback with a strong arm isn’t justified.

“I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else … Of course he’s the big name, he’s the Hall of Famer, he’s going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don’t really get it.”

Coles, who bemoaned the loss of Chad Pennington after the Favre trade, is also unhappy with his role in the offense.

“We’re in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. … I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for … This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there’s really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy … in position to get the ball most of the time.”

Coles is second on the team with 56 catches for 620 yards. Jerricho Cotchery, with 59 and 702, leads in both categories. Coles has scored six times, however, which is best on the Jets and one shy of his career best in that category.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Honestly, Coles needs to keep his mouth shut and just play the game. We're in the middle of a three-way divisional race and he has to come out like this? This s*** is old. Stop being a selfish player and just play the game.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:00 am

As a Pats fan I'm more than happy for him to keep forsaking you... :-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting