2008 Bowl Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Bowl Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 Bowl Game Talk

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:06 pm

Just a thread to talk about bowl match ups you find intriguing.

I'm really looking forward to that TCU/Boise St. match up in the Poinsettia Bowl as well as well as the Cotton Bowl with Texas Tech/Ole Miss. Oregon dialed up a tough match up in the Holiday Bowl against Oklahoma State and I'm digging the Oregon State/Pitt match up in the Sun Bowl.

What Bowls are you looking forward to?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Bowl Game Talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Metroid wrote:Just a thread to talk about bowl match ups you find intriguing.

I'm really looking forward to that TCU/Boise St. match up in the Poinsettia Bowl as well as well as the Cotton Bowl with Texas Tech/Ole Miss. Oregon dialed up a tough match up in the Holiday Bowl against Oklahoma State and I'm digging the Oregon State/Pitt match up in the Sun Bowl.

What Bowls are you looking forward to?

The National Championship Game :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:40 pm

I am also looking forward to the ole miss/TT game. Great SEC v. Big 12 matchup and people should see how good Ole Miss actually is. Cincy and VT should be a pretty solid game. Rice/WMU should be entertaining and NCST v. Rutgers is a great matchup, both teams have been rolling since early loses and both have looked great.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Georgia v. Michigan St. is kind of intriguing. I'm also excited to see if Alabama can actually beat Utah by triple digits...and no, I don't really think Alabama is that great, Utah is just so ridiculously overrated.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eagles21 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl of coarse. :-B ;-D

Some other goodies are the Outback Bowl (Iowa/South Car.), Poinsettia (TCU/Boise), and of coarse the National Championship game. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:03 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Georgia v. Michigan St. is kind of intriguing. I'm also excited to see if Alabama can actually beat Utah by triple digits...and no, I don't really think Alabama is that great, Utah is just so ridiculously overrated.

Bama will beat them and do it soundly, but they will by no means pull a UGA/Hawaii. The score in the end may not reflect how well bama played either because Alabama plays down or up to their opponents. They played like crap against LSU and KY, but demolished UGA. They played Florida and Ole Miss well. I think they will be too physical for Utah and should run all over them, but I don't see a complete blow out.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Georgia v. Michigan St. is kind of intriguing. I'm also excited to see if Alabama can actually beat Utah by triple digits...and no, I don't really think Alabama is that great, Utah is just so ridiculously overrated.

Bama will beat them and do it soundly, but they will by no means pull a UGA/Hawaii. The score in the end may not reflect how well bama played either because Alabama plays down or up to their opponents. They played like crap against LSU and KY, but demolished UGA. They played Florida and Ole Miss well. I think they will be too physical for Utah and should run all over them, but I don't see a complete blow out.

Honestly, I do see a UGA/Hawaii type scenario. I definitely don't think that Utah is the best non-BCS conference team this year. In fact, I don't even think they're top 2. I'd take Boise St. or TCU over these guys. I could also probably come up with a list of 10 teams that didn't make a BCS bowl that I think are better, but I'm not really interested in doing so right now.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:15 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Honestly, I do see a UGA/Hawaii type scenario. I definitely don't think that Utah is the best non-BCS conference team this year. In fact, I don't even think they're top 2. I'd take Boise St. or TCU over these guys. I could also probably come up with a list of 10 teams that didn't make a BCS bowl that I think are better, but I'm not really interested in doing so right now.

I agree on Utah. My point is Bama and how they play. They don't blow people out.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Bama will beat them and do it soundly, but they will by no means pull a UGA/Hawaii. The score in the end may not reflect how well bama played either because Alabama plays down or up to their opponents. They played like crap against LSU and KY, but demolished UGA. They played Florida and Ole Miss well. I think they will be too physical for Utah and should run all over them, but I don't see a complete blow out.

I agree on Utah. My point is Bama and how they play. They don't blow people out.

You're probably right about Bama, but if they play against Utah like they played against LSU, I think they'll win by 20.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Orange Bowl. ;-D
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant