Speculate on Arizona (Fantasy Wise) Next Year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Speculate on Arizona (Fantasy Wise) Next Year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Speculate on Arizona (Fantasy Wise) Next Year

Postby The Lung » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:13 pm

• The Cards play in a perennially weak division.
  • Their offensive line will be better next year
  • Their running game will be better next year
  • The defense will be better next year

They will be just as valuable for fantasy purposes next year as in 2008 unless Warner gets hurt. That is the only fly in the ointment. If Warner gets hurt and Leinart is back in, all bets are off.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFslacker » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:06 pm

I still don't think Hightower is cut out for being a feature back. Perhaps he can prove me wrong but I don't think so. Otherwise with Warner and Boldin if they return in '09 I think the cards again make the playoffs and perhaps stand a better chance than this year.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:46 pm

FFslacker wrote:I still don't think Hightower is cut out for being a feature back. Perhaps he can prove me wrong but I don't think so. Otherwise with Warner and Boldin if they return in '09 I think the cards again make the playoffs and perhaps stand a better chance than this year.

Bingo. The Cards need to target a good RB in the draft. Hightower has been very unimpressive with the exception of one game. I think if the Cardinals get better at running the ball, they are a lock next year to win the NFC West assuming they can keep Warner injury free. Fixing their run game wont be easy because half of it is on their OLine and the other half is on the RBs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Hightower is a rook. Still learning a lot, and hopefully can develop into what his potential has shown. I think the Hightower/J.J. Arrington combo I'm betting we will see next year will do what it needs to compliment the passing game.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby FFslacker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:30 am

I just don't think he has the speed or the power to make a go of it. I can only imagine what Zona could have done with someone like Forte.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby biju » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 pm

FFslacker wrote:I just don't think he has the speed or the power to make a go of it. I can only imagine what Zona could have done with someone like Forte.

I always thought it was more on the O-line being better pass blockers than rush blockers. Is this not the case? I've seen Hightower and thought had looked really good, so I have my questions on whether it would be wise to try to go RB instead of fixing the line issues.

I think the only reason why the Cards O-line looks strong is because of the quick reads and superb accuracy of Warner. Without him, I think that O-line gets exposed. Maybe I'm wrong...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FFslacker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 pm

It is partially the o-line being inept run blockers although you can't really blame them since they have never been a running offense. But, when Hightower got his first start he lacked breakaway speed and the ability to break tackles. It was discouraging to see him get an opening and either get caught or fail to fight for that extra yardage. Speed is unfortunately nothing he can really fix but I guess there is always the off chance that he packs on some extra power in the off season. I just wasn't impressed with how he just kinda went dead after initial hit.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FFslacker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:43 pm

biju wrote:I think the only reason why the Cards O-line looks strong is because of the quick reads and superb accuracy of Warner. Without him, I think that O-line gets exposed. Maybe I'm wrong...

Without a doubt I see them struggling a great deal if they don't bring Warner back next year. Leinart has the arm and accuracy going for him but he lacks the experience Warner has that benefits that line.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Speculate on Arizona Next Year

Postby Pimps Main Prophet » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 pm

biju wrote:People will call me a homer, but I think it's going to take a lot (which could easily be the coaching change) to keep the Seahawks from returning back as the winner of the NFC West.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Pimps Main Prophet
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Speculate on Arizona Next Year

Postby SniperShot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:51 am

biju wrote:
SniperShot wrote:This is Arizona's division this year and next in my opinion.

I would be shocked if they ended 2009 with a record over 8-8. I would be willing to make a pretty big bet on that if anyone is interested.
I'm not willing to make a pretty big bet about anything in the NFC West... They'll be better than 8-8 though. I'll make sure to start a prediction thread before next season starts in the predictions forum.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk