D-Will is a STUD! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

D-Will is a STUD!

Moderator: Football Moderators

D-Will is a STUD!

Postby main11 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 pm

I think it is official, DeAngelo Williams is a STUD! I will ride him all the way to my Fantasy Super Bowl!
main11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: D-Will is a STUD!

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:22 pm

From watching the game tonight, Panthers run game is absolutely dominant. TBay is a pretty good rush D and the Panthers are decimating them. The Denver matchup next week is juicy. D Will is probably a top 5 RB next week. Not so high on the Giants in 15 but Panthers always find a way to run.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby main11 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 pm

Did I mention he is a STUD!
main11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:55 pm

I just wonder why he couldn't wrestle the job away from Deshaun Foster back then, and now he's beasting!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 am

Both guys looked so good I don't know who was more impressive, Stewart looks almost every bit as fast as Deangelo but his power is amazing, the way he throws guys to the ground with his stiff arm and gets back to top speed, punishing at the goal line, he was pretty much everything I thought when I grabbed him in as many dynasties as I could.

Deangelo is a guy I wish I grabbed more often, he is starting to look like the dominant runner he was at Memphis, excellent vision, he's starting to get a feel for what's going on because he's finding those running lanes and bursting through...What these guys did tonight vs a tough Tampa Bay Defense is nothing short of incredible, glad I watched this game from beginning to end, both Rb's have a very bright future though...One redraft I'm in with Barber banged up I'm probably gonna start both guys next week vs that soft Denver defense.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby euclid530 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:07 am

i'm really tempted to start both next week after todays game, but that seems really risky in a do or die situation. Those guys are both studs and that is one good offensive line they have opening up holes for them!
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Man these guys looked like Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson last night.

It's a nice RBBC to have from an NFL standpoint that's for sure. Williams has been performing like a stud lately, but Stewart is receiving a good chunk of carries as well when healthy. It makes sense that things are working out for the Panthers because they spent good picks on both of these guys, but you have to think at one point someone is going to emerge as the guy. Has Deangelo Williams done that and is he the long term answer? Personally, I thought Stewart was the much better back coming into the season and I still think that Stewart is too good not to get around 50% of the carries if he is a healthy option there. But Williams has really opened up my eyes and made me come back to why he was a top3 or 4 dynasty pick a few short seasons ago. The guy is showing his break away speed, but there are also some broken tackles and lanes he is taking that he wasn't just one year ago. Is Carolina's O-line that much better or is this guy just finally getting it?

I don't think there is a RB in football that has been playing as well as Williams has for the past half season. I still think he is a sell high in all leagues though considering how well he has done this season. Stewart is a redzone vulture and is an extremely talented RB sharing a good chunk of carries in a backup role. This guy is good enough to start on basically every team in the NFL, but an incumbent starter would keep him relegated to the role that we've seen this season. Even still, Deangelo Williams is only touching the ball 15 or so times a game on average. His long runs have carried him.

This is not a CJ/Lendale split occurring here, Stewart is touching the ball in a lot of different situations. Lendale comes in on the majority of goal to go situations and he does almost exclusively mop up and short yardage. I think Stewart is much more of a backup featured RB. If we are looking at roles, that is more of a Ricky Williams in Miami. And talentwise, Stewart and Deangelo each have a more even balance of speed/power to their game than either CJ/Lendale, so a lopsided split is much less likely with both healthy. I think both of these guys are featured RBs and they are being used in a committee system. Hard to argue with what works though when both players are having multiple 100/1 type games with 15 or so carries and even multiple games where they BOTH have those types of games in the same game...

Speaks volumes to the system in Carolina. What happens when the system is not working is the question. Earlier in the season when both are healthy Williams was sometimes only getting 10 carries a game. Later in the season when Stewart was banged up, Williams would get the 17 and Stewart was left with the 4. I think there is no question you continue to start Denagelo regardless of opponent this season, but next season when both are healthy could see a return to the 50/50 type split. Leads me to believe that if you can sell Williams for RB1 or even high RB2 value this offseason, you do it.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:52 pm

Started him over Portis last week ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:01 am

Man am I glad I was up by 45 going into that game in my IDP league! That got a little bit worrisome towards the end 8-o :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mrpu » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:33 am

So if you have both Williams and Stewart are you starting them both?? I considering Stewart as my flex?? Am I crazy?
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting