WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER?

Moderator: Football Moderators

WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER?

Postby ihatefantasyfootball » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I don't know where to post this, maybe the Hamster dude will eat it up. This is for anyone who thinks they took a bad beatdown. This is worse then losing on the Westbrook kneeldown and non TD. Basically I went into Sunday night needing 17.93 points from Bal defence, which is no given. Suffice to say I was dying by the end of the game and Jason Campbell was kind enough to throw a last minute INT. This gives me the win over my brother of all people by 0.07 points. this is a decent money league with $120 entry fee and $700 for the championship, been in the league for 5 years or so.

I purposely did not celebrate until Wednesday, with this unshakable feeling that a stat correction would change everything hanging over my head. So I waited until Wednesday until I began the obligatory taunting of my opponent, I have repect for the fact that he went through hell Sunday night just like me. I had assumed that yahoo would have their stuff together and I was in the clear.
Only to log into my pool this morning to find that I did not in fact win, I lost by 0.23 points. 3 rushing yards magically appeared for AP. UNBELEIVEABLE. I am still in a state of shock.

Worst loss ever as far as I am concerned.

Don't care if anyone reads this post, or replies, I am bitter and needed to complain somewhere, anywhere.
ihatefantasyfootball
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER?

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:55 pm

that really sucks... stat correction losses are the worst :-°
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby milo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Wow that sucks!!

Mine was few years ago, was our superbowl, $750 to winner and $300 to 2nd place. I was up by 26 with my opp having Balt Def to go. It was the game Balt blew out GB on Monday night football. Favre was throwing picks left and right. I was worried they were going to bring in Rogers at halftime since it was a blowout...sure enough...more picks by Rogers. I was up by 4 points with 2 min left. All GB had to do was pack it up, run the ball and go home and not risk injury. But no, Rogers starts dropping back to pass, passes going through Balt Def hands. 17 seconds left Rogers goes back to pass, sack and fumble, Balt D picks it up and runs it back for a TD and I lose by two points. I didnt sleep that night after that needless to say haha.
milo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bad Newz Kennels » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:26 pm

I can definitely relate.

My story is similar to an extent, My matchup last week came down to the Sunday night game as well. I had baltimore's defense and Santana Moss going in down 35 pts. With 30 seconds left I was up 3 pts after the Jason Campbell INT, Then Washington gets the ball back and Zorn tries to save face with hail mary's. That last completion gave the skins a total of 254 yards.

In our league your D gets 6 points if you hold a team under 250 yards, anything over that is 0. So I ended up losing to my best friend by 3 fantasy points due to 4 GD yards!
Bad Newz Kennels
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:19 pm

treat24 wrote:that really sucks... stat correction losses are the worst :-°

Agreed. I only had it happen 1 time in 16 years. Last year to my best friend. :-t Went to bed Sunday night with a close victory. Didn't rub anything in until it was final. And I lost by a small decimal on Monday. Just sucks the wind right ont of you.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:29 pm

With the AD stat correction I won by .05 today.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deacon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 am

milo wrote:Wow that sucks!!

Mine was few years ago, was our superbowl, $750 to winner and $300 to 2nd place. I was up by 26 with my opp having Balt Def to go. It was the game Balt blew out GB on Monday night football. .

Man my worst lost was because of this very same game. I was down by 4 going into this Monday nite game and I had Samkon Gado as the only player left to play. I was feeling pretty good as he had 2 pts on the first drive of the game. Needless to say he got hurt at the end of the 1st quarter and never returned. I got a big whopping 2 points out of him and lost by 2 in the semi final.

I felt even worse when I scored the highest point total of all the other playoff teams the following week which was the superbowl.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:05 pm

I feel your pain man! We should change this thread title to "Bad beat rants", and there would be so many hits :-b

Time for me to pile on: I lost a 1 point lead (to lose by one) because of a stat correction for Minnesota's kick return yards (which wouldn't have been an issue if the Lions hadn't hurried up to get sacked 2 more times and lose yardage in the process). I had noticed the potential error and was pretty sure I was going to lose the whole time, but still couldn't believe the gut-shot I felt when I fired up the computer and saw the result on Tuesday morning. Sucks SOOOO badly!

I want to kick Reggie Wayne, Dustin Keller and Mason Crosby in the face too, because this wouldn't have been an issue without their "help"...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:13 pm

I lost the championship in my one league last year on like the 5th Yahoo tiebreaker. We tied 100-100 and it took me forever to figure out how my opponent was awarded the victory. The 5th tiebreaker = $300 difference in payout. The worst part was I wasn't even supposed to be close in the game. My opponent had Brady, Moss, LT, McGahee, Lynch, and AJ. I had a patchwork team that all played together at the right time.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby 011472 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:15 am

I'm glad to see another chance to vent!

I'm out of the playoffs this year because of my loss in week 5. I was starting Trent Edwards at QB (don't ask me why) and he was injured on the first drive, giving me 0.76 points for the day.

I still had a small lead on Monday night, with my Matt Jones against his MJD. But Jones got interfered with on a bomb in the end zone and the ball was spotted at the 2. Next play, MJD walks in and it's a 12-point swing for the other guy.

He moved into the lead in the final minutes, but I still could've won it on a pass to Jones with less than a minute left. Needing just 5 yards for the lead back, the ball hit Jones in the numbers and he dropped it. I lost by 0.42 and I'm watching the playoffs with great matchups for my team all around.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting