WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WORST FANTASY FOOTBALL LOSS EVER?

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 am

I lost by 3 because Gates decided to have no catches. This was just the story of my year, lost by 5 or less points at least five times.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sublimeandy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:46 pm

this is my worst, and the worst defeat i have ever seen or known. it's week 13 and i can clinch my division ($100) with a win. i would also set myself up with a nice first round matchup in the playoffs. i come out of sunday up 95 to 63. my opponent has only the seattle def to play. this is in 2005 and Mike MacMahon is starting for the eagles. i was talking all kinds of trash on the smackboard about winning the division. i was up 32 points with sea def to play!!! what did i have to worry about?! well, after 2 interception returns for touchdowns, a fumble returned for a touchdown, 4 sacks, 1 more fumble recovery, 2 more interceptions and a shutout, the seattle def scored 38 god damn points and i ended up losing by 6. i was completely enraged and had what is now a famous meltdown on the smackboard. unbelievable. it still gets me pissed off when i think about it.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:44 pm

ugh... lost a semi and a quarter by a point and .78 points respectively. What a letdown. :~( :-t Won another by a similar small margin but that's only a small consolation.

for some reason I've been on all these really ridiculously tight matches all season long... those are the ones that break your heart, not the blowouts.
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 pm

just lost by 0.26 in my semi's after going 12-2 in the regular season...hoping for a backdoor stat correction win

i guess i deserve it though since i won a championship last year by 0.16 thanks to a Chris Cooley 33 yd TD catch in the Sunday night game
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby waterproof » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 pm

sublimeandy wrote:after 2 interception returns for touchdowns, a fumble returned for a touchdown, 4 sacks, 1 more fumble recovery, 2 more interceptions and a shutout, the seattle def scored 38 god damn points and i ended up losing by 6.

This is so bad that it's funny. This is the worst I've ever heard...
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Postby bushdocda » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:30 pm

I believe i lost the championship game last year in my league by ONE POINT when Willie Parker broke his leg on the FIRST CARRY of his game.

i have pretty much blocked this out of my memory.
bushdocda
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Scotty2hottie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:54 pm

I feel you, i lost last year like that sorta...

heres my bad beat story...
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=383802
Scotty2hottie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby zevon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:14 am

Just happened today, actually. IDP league , won by 3.28 points. Stat corrections hit this morning, my opponent had +3.5 added to his score and I lose by .22.
The best part is one of my IDPs is stud LB Julius Peppers, not a scoring machine in fantasy, but serviceable enough. He got me exactly 0, count 'em ZERO points. Couldn't even get credit for one lousy assist (.5 points).
Really blows believing you're in the championship for 3 days and then getting booted...
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vlad » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:00 pm

-.9 in the semi last week,thanks to Cleveland inability to stay in the game and Westbrook sitting about the whole 2nd half.
Talking of Westbrook ,him kneeling down on the 1yrd line for sure broke some hearts.

But i think worst one was in a championship game couple of years ago.The guy playing a friend of mine ,had only QB left and need it to catch up.He finally goes up by .2 pts with about 2 minutes left and my friend is about to commit a suicide,when he realizes,that that QB is about to kneel down 3 times! so the games ends up with my friend winning by .1 points!
and all be a pleasant experience ,till the sta corrections gave the other guy xtra 7 rushing yards!
Vlad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mariners100 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Mine was L 108.75-109.37 in Week 6 this year. I was down 21 plus with Braylon Edwards to go on MNF. Edwards scores and catches the 2 pt conversion and I realized that we do not get the point for the catch on the 2 pointer........ I was undefeated until that game and I made a mental note to change that scoring rule for 09.....
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting