Sitting all Texans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sitting all Texans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sitting all Texans

Postby kingmike74 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:12 am

PPR league and thinking of sitting Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels for another option.

Does this sound nuts?
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sitting all Texans

Postby dmacblue » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:44 am

kingmike74 wrote:PPR league and thinking of sitting Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels for another option.

Does this sound nuts?

I certainly think you'd be making a huge mistake in benching Andre unless you have other elite options.

Daniels is benchworthy if you have a valid alternative.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:53 am

dmacblue wrote:
kingmike74 wrote:PPR league and thinking of sitting Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels for another option.

Does this sound nuts?

I certainly think you'd be making a huge mistake in benching Andre unless you have other elite options.

Daniels is benchworthy if you have a valid alternative.

ditto unless you are a td only league. I would bench andre in td only... but otherwise i'd play him
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby kingmike74 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:29 am

Yeh, thought about how sick I would feel losing with Andre on the bench, you guys are right.

...but Daniels is another story. I see the following guys I can pick up, what do you think about any of the following over Daniels?

Heath Miller
Visanthe Shiancoe
Anthony Fasano
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:54 am

kingmike74 wrote:Yeh, thought about how sick I would feel losing with Andre on the bench, you guys are right.

...but Daniels is another story. I see the following guys I can pick up, what do you think about any of the following over Daniels?

Heath Miller
Visanthe Shiancoe
Anthony Fasano

I would start Shiancoe. Arizona gives up tons of passing tds. Jackson, like Frerotte, looks to Shiancoe in the red zone. He dropped a easy td week one from jackson and caught one last week from Jackson. I like that move. Then again, I'm a vikes fan.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby kingmike74 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 am

So you would say the odds of him catching a TD over Daniels are greater?

I see both of them having anywhere from 3-5 catches.
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:51 am

Dude, I am sitting AJ for Bess v SF

Look at the numbers. TEN has allowed only 2 passing TDs to WRs all year and are ranked #1 vs fantasy WRs this year. SF is ranked 30th v fantasy WRs, and Bess has been their leading receiver the since Camarillo went down. Last time AJ played TEN he had 2 catches for 29 yards. I can't afford another performance like that. AJ may have big game potential, but I think at most he has potential for one big play, but I think that's that's less likely to happen vs the #1 passing defense in the league. Bess should be a lock for 75 yards min, and has a better chance at scoring vs one of the league's worst than AJ does.

I think Daniels IS actually startable, especially in PPR. TEN is only ranked 17th vs TEs. The Cardinals are ranked 16th. But Daniels has way more targets that Schiancoe, so I'd stick with Owen.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:44 pm

ampant wrote:Dude, I am sitting AJ for Bess v SF

Look at the numbers. TEN has allowed only 2 passing TDs to WRs all year and are ranked #1 vs fantasy WRs this year. SF is ranked 30th v fantasy WRs, and Bess has been their leading receiver the since Camarillo went down. Last time AJ played TEN he had 2 catches for 29 yards. I can't afford another performance like that. AJ may have big game potential, but I think at most he has potential for one big play, but I think that's that's less likely to happen vs the #1 passing defense in the league. Bess should be a lock for 75 yards min, and has a better chance at scoring vs one of the league's worst than AJ does.

I think Daniels IS actually startable, especially in PPR. TEN is only ranked 17th vs TEs. The Cardinals are ranked 16th. But Daniels has way more targets that Schiancoe, so I'd stick with Owen.

I am going to disagree with this. AJs last game against TEN was his worst game of the season..not because of Cortland Finnegan and the Titans defense, but because he dropped quite a few passes (including 2 TD passes). Expect AJ to bounce back and have a big game this time around.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kingmike74 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks for all the help guys.

Here are my options at WR (need 2)

Andre Johnson
Antinio Bryant
Vincent Jackson
Donald Driver
Marvin Harrison
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:32 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:
ampant wrote:Dude, I am sitting AJ for Bess v SF

I am going to disagree with this. AJs last game against TEN was his worst game of the season..not because of Cortland Finnegan and the Titans defense, but because he dropped quite a few passes (including 2 TD passes). Expect AJ to bounce back and have a big game this time around.

Well, when you look at how he performed this year, he has busted 4 times, three of those came against top passing defenses (BAL, TEN and IND). He also busted vs JAX, but they are a very average D. Most of his big games came against weaker pass defenses (MIA, DET, CIN, MIN, CLE, JAX, GB) with two notable exceptions, IND (when they were playing poorly early in the year) and PIT (he had 112 yards). So overall vs top defenses he is 2-for-5.

Maybe this is another example of me overthinking myself into a hole here. But even though there is a big talent swing in AJ vs Bess, there is also a big matchup swing (1st to 30th vs WRs). Also, if you look at how Bess has performed and how many looks he has since becoming a starter, he has the 8th most targets among all WRs (AJ is 6th). He also has the 5th most receptions. I like his chances a lot to have a solid game at home vs the 3rd worst passing defense in the league when he has been averaging 10 balls thrown his way per game.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Football Talk