Sitting all Texans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sitting all Texans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sitting all Texans

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 pm

AJ is a proven stud, but for the lesser guys like Daniels and Walter, you would have been right to sit them this week.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 am

I didnt catch this thread till today, but I never even though twice about starting AJ. He has started every week all season for me, I am not going to bench my stud for any reason.

I agree that there are players you start no matter what the matchup. The only exception is if you had another stud to replace them with.

If I had to choose between AJ and someone like Calvin johnson, or reggie wayne, another solid #1 guy, then yeah, I bench AJ. Most of us arent that lucky. I cant see a situation where I would ever consider benching AJ for someone like Bess, or anyone who doesnt have WR1 type numbers

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:40 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:AJ is a proven stud, but for the lesser guys like Daniels and Walter, you would have been right to sit them this week.

Yeah he's a proven stud, and I'd have benched Walters if I had him in any leagues. The logic for benching AJ was seductive- I don't know if I would have started him. IMO, JRoll, I wouldn't have considered Wayne more start-worthy than AJ, even considering the matchup. Indy's doing just enough to win, while the Texans are ending the season guns blazing. Given the choice, I'd have gone with the player with momentum on his side.

However, Daniels was very start-worthy. At the mid-point of the season, team's realized the best way to attack the titans through the air was at the tight end spot. They flew up (down?) the rankings of average points given to TEs from the high-teens/near-twenty to top 10.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 pm

I have to choose between Thigpen and Schaub this week. Think I'm going with Schaub. I don't care if the Raiders are ranked 9th. On several occasions this year they have given up monster passing games. Thigpen has cooled even though he still scores a solid 15ppg.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby iamgregg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:56 pm

This thread made me consider benching Johnson for Marshall.

Glad I played Johnson in the end, cause otherwise I'd have lost in my first round after going 12-1 8-o
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk