Whats your league like?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats your league like??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats your league like??

Postby greenman » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:19 am

I'm in a 10 person Yahoo league. 4 of us are very active in picking up free agents and keeping our rosters up to date. 3 of the teams at least have their roster filled by sunday but might not make the changes until saturday night by which time there is nothing but crap on the waver wire. And the other 3 teams haven't done anything since the draft. Are your leagues like this too? or do some of you actually play in a league where everyone is active and actually puts forth some effort.
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:23 am

My league is pretty good. I know most of the people in it. There are 8 people and about 5 are active on the WW. It does stink because since I know them so well, 3 of the people don't have internet access so I have to put in their linups and waivers every week. It gets old doing that for half the people in the league. It is nice to know everybody though. One person hasn't made a WW move since like week 6 and has made less than 5 all year, I don't know him. There are a couple of idiots in my league though. A guy offered me McCardell and Buckhalter for McNair, Hambrick, and K-Rob and later revoked it saying it was a bad deal for him...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mike d » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:24 am

my league is a 10 man league in which we are all friends and have been doing this for about 7 years now. we each put up $50 and we keep track of our own scoring, none of it by computer. we email our lineup to the commish by noon on sundays. in order to pick up a player of waivers or to make a trade, one has to throw $10 into the pot, so everyone is very serious about their pick ups and trades.
mike d
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby smackthefirst » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:17 am

Im in a league with myself and 9 friends. We're all pretty active in the league, but in terms of management, we're all different. We have charges for WW work, and one owner doesn't do anything unless injury merits b/c he feels he can draft a good team and ride it. So far it has worked though because he is in 2nd overall. 2 owners dont trade anymore more or less because they always feel they get the short end of the stick.

Everyone does their own thing, but they all pay attention. Thats the best part of it being friends or people you know. They dont keep up in the league, not only do they not get invited back, thay have to deal with the ridicule of everyone else.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby altproject » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:22 am

I'm in a 20 team league -- we have 2 dead teams. Of the other 18, all of them have made WW pickups from time to time. About 10 of those teams make WW pickups every single week. And of those 10, about 5 of us are hardcore on the WW... we might actually wake up at 6AM on Tuesday morning (first time to pickup after the weekend) and race to pickup players. Overall, it's a pretty competitive league.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:12 pm

As you can tell from my running backs, I am by far the most active person in my league... Everyone else makes the very occassional pick-up, but not nearly as much as me... I kinda like it that way.... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phinphan » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:28 pm

We have a 30 team league that is broken down into three conferences. Each conference drafts independently of the others and plays an internal schedule. The winner of each conference playoff meets in a 3 way head to head to head in week 16 for the league championship. It is interesting cause the teams could have some of the same players in lineup.

As far as my conference goes, some of the owners are very active and a few are dead. We had a live draft and 9 of the 10 owners were there with the 10th drafting via proxy. The division I ended up in was really sad, a guy actually took the TB Defense with his second pick, 12 overall. I am sitting really pretty at 10-0 so far and clinced a playoff spot 2 weeks ago. The other division is solid but the talent is spread out. I should be able to make the final three unless my guys just bomb.

QB: Vick, McNair, Ramsey, Fiedler
RB: A. Green, James, Hambrick, D. Davis, Betts, Shipp, A. Smith
WR: Holt, Mason, D. Jackson, A.Johnson, Warrick, Gardner
K: J. Brown, Pochman
D/ST: St. Louis, GB
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:01 pm

10 team league - used to have two divisions, but one division became majorly lopsided with victory, so we reverted to joint standings. We use TQ Stats - pretty cool, except there is no 'trade player' function. Two teams have to drop their players and pick up their opponents. It's retarted.

Still, I like it.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JEB » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:30 pm

I'm in a 12 team league this year. Same core group of friends with a couple of their friends to join in the fun. We subscribe to the CBSsportsline, so we modify our rules and all the technical stuff including automated waiver order is set. We all agreed early on to incorporate a $20.00 last place penalty fee. That has kept everybody really active all year because no one wants to pay that fee.
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:33 pm

Homegrown league that started in 1985 with 8 members (5 of which are still with league) and expanded to 12 by 1990. Most of us were HS grads or in college at the time of formation .....
consequently we have members spanning the States and other countries. Occassionally a team or two will lapse or become disenchanted....but for the majority of years played most have participated with a feverish zeal for competition. We currently have a waiting list to get into our league of which is 4 or 5 applicant deep. Truth is ...openings are rare, last new team we added to replace someone leaving was in 2000.

I am the co-founder of our league and for a majority of years have served as commissioner or co-commissioner. Despite the fact that we all carry 20 man rosters with 2 additional injured reserve option slots....waiver wire activity and trade offers are rampant. Thru week 10 we have seen 144 WW transactions and experienced 8 major trades.

Although we are serious about the integrity of our league within the boundaries of competive play, fairness and democracy... we all understand its mainly about having fun and enjoying each others company.

Team : Scratch N Sniff, record 6-4, currently third place
Roster : Pennington, Garcia, Kitna, Leftwich......M.Faulk, Portis, D.Davis, Dillon, Bryson.....R.Moss, S.Smith, Mason, Heap, Streets, Burleson, Conway, Gardner......Wilkins.....Rams Def, 49ers Def, Texans ST
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Next

Return to Football Talk