So, who else got hosed by River's in the 4th quarter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

So, who else got hosed by River's in the 4th quarter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So, who else got hosed by River's in the 4th quarter?

Postby doublej73 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:18 am

Thanks to Rivers and his 2 TD's in the final minute and a half, I'm now down 15 with only the Philly defense left to play. If Dwayne Bowe holds on to the onside kick I've probably already won.

How many of the rest of you got the shaft like this?
doublej73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: So, who else got hosed by River's in the 4th quarter?

Postby LegendoftheFall » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:11 pm

i got hosed playing against vincent jackson, who caught the last second TD, after getting shut down all day. :-t
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bryce84 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Not hosed yet, I'm optimistic about it, but a very similar situation to yourself. I'm down 11 with just Philly D to play. They better be able to tee off on a 3rd string QB tonight while they're at home in primetime. My opponent had some underachieving by a few players, however some others had great days making it as competitive as it is with Rivers, S. Smith, AP and Bironas.
Bryce84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 pm

doublej73 wrote:Thanks to Rivers and his 2 TD's in the final minute and a half, I'm now down 15 with only the Philly defense left to play. If Dwayne Bowe holds on to the onside kick I've probably already won.

Just curious if you got your 15 out of Philly... B-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby doublej73 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Yes I did, thanks for asking! I was actually in this scenario in two leagues. One I was down 15 with Philly's D to go, the other I was up by 20 with Philly's D but my opponent had McNabb and passing TD's are 6 points. Yikes!

In the second league the Philly D actually stonewalled McNabb, 20 to 22.6 so combined with my previous point cushion I posted a solid 121 to 104.5 win. I was very worried in the first quarter after McNabb went 4 of 4 with a TD to post 10 points on his first series, then Cleveland dinged my defense with a field goal. This was an especially satisfying win since my opponent kicked my butt in the championship game last year.

The other game that was all hinging on the Philly D I squeekd by 139 to 130. Even if they do a goofy stat change and take away my defensive TD for Samuel's "Deshaun Jackson-itis" I should still win by 3.

I was sweating bullets until they benched McNabb and went into clock killing mode!
doublej73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting