Moderator: Football Moderators

Carl Peterson out in KC

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:20 am

Finally!!!

Carl Peterson resigns as Chiefs general manager
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Posted on Mon, Dec. 15, 2008 04:06 PM

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson resigned today effective at the end of the season.

“On behalf of my family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, I want to thank Carl for his two decades of service to the Chiefs,” Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said. “Both Carl and I agreed that immediately initiating the search for the next Chiefs general manager would be the best thing for the future of the organization, and he will be resigning following the 2008 season.’’

Hunt said the search for a new general manager will begin immediately. Vice President Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs' interim president and general manager.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/937972.html

and:

Citing need for 'clean break,' Chiefs and Peterson part
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Posted on Mon, Dec. 15, 2008 10:15 PM

The day began like most Mondays this season, with the Kansas City Chiefs stinging from another defeat.

It ended in most extraordinary fashion, with Carl Peterson out after 20 years as the Chiefs’ president and general manager. Chairman Clark Hunt called the move — which will take place after the team’s final game this season Dec. 28 at Cincinnati — a mutual decision.

Peterson — who was not part of the announcement Monday — had found himself under fire for the team’s performance the last two seasons, as the Chiefs lost 21 of their last 23 games. Peterson and Hunt met Monday in what Hunt called “a continuation of some discussions we’ve had throughout the season” about Peterson’s role with the club in 2009.

“With our coaches coming into the last year of their contracts, he understood the right decision from an organizational standpoint was to make this change and announce it at this point,” Hunt said. “He was very much in agreement.

“… As our conversations continued, we both concluded that the right thing for the organization and the team was to break the ties completely. What gives us the best chance is the clean break we agreed upon.”

con't...

rest of article: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs ... 38717.html

Now all they need to do is give Herm Edwards the boot!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Carl Peterson out in KC

Postby ampant » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 am

I suspect Herm the Sperm will be soon to follow.

I wonder what this means for LJ's career as a Chief?
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk