Fantasy Baseball: Any interest? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fantasy Baseball: Any interest?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Baseball: Any interest?

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:33 pm

I was sitting lamenting about a lack of action in my fantasy football leagues and the fact the people rarely trade. The thought came to me that since this forum has some of the best and brightest minds in fantasy sports, perhaps you guys would like to found a fantasy baseball league come spring. I think then we'd have good competition and we already have a great forum to talk. Let me know if there is any interest. It'd be an 8-team league head-to-head 5x5 setup. 2 day waivers and a 6 team playoff on Yahoo. Reply to this message if you're interested and we'll start a league.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:35 pm

That doesn't sound too bad. I'm still a rookie at Baseball, but I'm starting to get into it a little more. I totally understand about the no action type lgs. I was in a baseball lg this year that was like that, as well as one of my football lgs this year. It's more fun when you can talk trash and make trades! I think that's half the fun!! Count me in!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Arlo » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:51 am

Did somebody mention fantasy baseball? :-D

Gonna be a whale of a season! Can't wait to see how Hideki Matsui will do in the majors...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:27 am

I've never played in a FBaseball league before but i am a huge baseball fan rivally if not exceding my love of football! I really dont know all the ins and outs of how the league would work with scoring and all but I definately would wanna play next season!

Let me know the further you get into this about all the rules and such. But you can count me in, even though i would be forced to play with the likes of Slowkidz and Arlo hehehe!
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:01 am

I'm a big baseball fan, but don't know much about fantasybaseball. How does it work w/ the scoring etc. How does it compare to fantasy football in terms of maintaining your team etc. Football seems like it would be a little easier, since there's not games on every night of the week. But i'm probably in too.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:29 am

Ok, So we're starting to get some questions about scoring. This is the basic setup:

- you can change your roster daily ( a little more effort than FFL, but a better opportunity to pick players up)

- players go on waivers and transactions occur just like FFL

- scoring is like this:
you win categories: 5 hitting (runs, RBIs, HR, Avg. SB) and 5 pitching (wins, Ks, saves, WHIP, ERA).
- you matchup for one week against another team and play to win categories.
- playoffs the last 3.5 weeks of the season and the top 6 teams qualify.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby slowkidz » Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:40 pm

I was in a Sandbox lg and Yahoo lg this year and it was pretty fun. It definitely brings a little something extra to the games. And just like Fantasy Football, it makes the games more exciting/fun to watch!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby terpfan » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:04 pm

last year was my first year of fantasy baseball, and i had a great time and even won the league (among friends who most knew more than me to start the season) let me know if anything gets started. would be fun
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cwebb » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:29 am

I won my baseball yahoo league last year, against Arlo and Dan... not sure if I'd have the time for yet anothe rleague though, and there's enough interest anyway.

And by playing against good competition you're bound to learn the game better and faster... losing does the job! :,-(
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:23 am

Yeah, yeah, rub it in. :-D

The salary cap did me in. Losing Berkman, Jeter and the rest of those guys really hurt...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk