Some parents are just morons... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Some parents are just morons...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Some parents are just morons...

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 pm

I think it's funny that the the father says "people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," yet he's named his son after a despicable historical figure....who's focusing the past dude? The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name "Adolf Hitler" is the past and the awful things he did in the past. Are we supposed to forget that? Now if he just wanted to name his son Adolf I could agree with his statement but come on guy. I really feel sorry for these kids, sadly their parents are a little short in the brains department.

Also... "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did." Uh yeah probably not but methinks his environment(and his sisters) isn't going to nurture him(or her) to be a very well rounded human being. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I think bakeries should be free to make or not make any cakes they want as they see fit.

I think bakeries should make any cake that a customer wants (with a few very extreme exceptions that would have to go far beyond the request that this article is talking about).

I dont' see how those two statements are in conflict.

Customer wants Cake X. You think the Bakery should make the cake.
Bakery doesn't want to make Cake X. You think the Bakery should not make the cake.
But customer wants Cake X. You think the Bakery should make the cake.
But baker doesn't want to make Cake X. You think the Bakery should not make the cake.
But baker doesn't want to make Cake X. You think the Bakery should not make the cake.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Okay, this is getting ridiculous, so I'll restate this one last time: I don't necessarily think that everyone should always agree with me all the time.

I think the bakery should have made the cake.

I also think the bakery has a right to disagree with me.

You apparently think it's impossible to hold both views.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 pm

lolz :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:44 pm

I'm not trying to upset you, but I'm not seeing a consistency in that scenario. Maybe I'm not understanding everyone's rights?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fezzik » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm not trying to upset you, but I'm not seeing a consistency in that scenario. Maybe I'm not understanding everyone's rights?

There is a definite difference, albeit a subtle one, between these two sentences...
The bakery should have processed the order. (what Art said)
The bakery should have to process the order. (what I believe you're reading Art as saying)

I think the parents are ridiculous and the bakery was well within their rights to deny the request...and I think they did the right thing by doing so. The parents could always just write the kids name in icing themselves, but I don't see any logical flaws in what Art is saying.
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:04 pm

fezzik wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm not trying to upset you, but I'm not seeing a consistency in that scenario. Maybe I'm not understanding everyone's rights?

There is a definite difference, albeit a subtle one, between these two sentences...
The bakery should have processed the order. (what Art said)
The bakery should have to process the order. (what I believe you're reading Art as saying)

I think the parents are ridiculous and the bakery was well within their rights to deny the request...and I think they did the right thing by doing so. The parents could always just write the kids name in icing themselves, but I don't see any logical flaws in what Art is saying.

The full article says that they did get a place to write the name on the cake.

The question then becomes, who puts a childs full name on a cake? I know we haven't, Knapp do you put your daughters full name on her cake? ORS, do you put your sons full name on his cake? Then they are surprised at the outcry it has caused :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Nope, first name only.

And Art - I'm not trying to bust your chops here. I'm sorry for bugging you so much about that. It's not a big deal.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:28 pm

clearly, this guy doesn't post at the cafe.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 pm

knapplc wrote:Nope, first name only.

And Art - I'm not trying to bust your chops here. I'm sorry for bugging you so much about that. It's not a big deal.

No need to apologize. If I wasn't so busy at work today I'm sure we'd be five pages deep by now with both of us just finding new and exciting ways to rephrase the same points we made in our first posts. Anyway, I'm still not convinced that you're not taking the piss here. You really don't understand how what I think someone should do, and what I think they should have to do are different?
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk