As Commish,I Need A More In-Dept Fantasy League,PLEASE HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

As Commish,I Need A More In-Dept Fantasy League,PLEASE HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

As Commish,I Need A More In-Dept Fantasy League,PLEASE HELP!

Postby MaxxPlaya » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 pm

anyone know where i can start this type of league: 20 Teams, 2 Conferences, 4 Divisions, 8 Playoff Teams, with a stattrracker, and one that allows me to import league histoy? I'm using Yahoo Fantasy Football now, and have been for 5 years, and 5 Years of History, but I want to expand my league...Anyone know? Any info would help.
MaxxPlaya
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: As Commish,I Need A More In-Dept Fantasy League,PLEASE HELP!

Postby bungle613 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:19 am

Best pay site I have used is MFL (My Fantasy League). Has all the bells and whistles but you do pay, I believe around $100. I am actually a fan of fleaflicker. I think they have improved the site tremendously and it is free. UNsure about the 20 teams but does offer free scoring, divisions.

I highly doubt that any site allows a history import. If you find one, let me know as I am moving a dynasty league from Yahoo as well and would love to keep the history.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:37 am

bungle613 wrote:Best pay site I have used is MFL (My Fantasy League). Has all the bells and whistles but you do pay, I believe around $100. I am actually a fan of fleaflicker. I think they have improved the site tremendously and it is free. UNsure about the 20 teams but does offer free scoring, divisions.

I highly doubt that any site allows a history import. If you find one, let me know as I am moving a dynasty league from Yahoo as well and would love to keep the history.

i believe MFL does...but not sure how well it works
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:30 am

Here is a decent discussion on providers.

In my opinion, MFL is the best, you can also get it for around $69 if you join early. As for free sites, I am a fan of fleaflicker.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby MaxxPlaya » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:08 pm

How do I get a My Fantasy Football League for 69 bucks? If I can get it around that price, I'll expand my league there...The Buy In will be around 25 bucks a head, So I'll just take the 70 bucks out of the pot....Help me out, man!!!
MaxxPlaya
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby iamgregg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:23 pm

You get it cheap if you purchase before a certain time. I believe the price gets raised in increments after that. The full details will be on the website in the offseason if they aren't already on there now.

For now, you can still register there and set up a league to get used to it and customise it just the way you want. You don't have to pay until it's actually time to play.

One thing I just noticed in the OP though. You say you have two conferences? Usually when I see conferences referred to in Fantasy Football it means two seperate player pools. If this is teh case, then you'll need to buy a Deluxe league from MFL which is a little more pricey.

If by conferences, you just mean two groups of divisions and one pool of players for the entire league (for scheduling etc) then ingore what I jsut said. ;-D
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:33 pm

MaxxPlaya wrote:How do I get a My Fantasy Football League for 69 bucks? If I can get it around that price, I'll expand my league there...The Buy In will be around 25 bucks a head, So I'll just take the 70 bucks out of the pot....Help me out, man!!!

What he said:
iamgregg wrote:You get it cheap if you purchase before a certain time. I believe the price gets raised in increments after that. The full details will be on the website in the offseason if they aren't already on there now.

:-b ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby MaxxPlaya » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:32 am

Yeah, I do want a deluxe league, how can I get it cheaper? Can I get it cheaper if I buy it in the off-season? I really don't wanna pay 179 bucks for a fantasy football league
MaxxPlaya
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby grover99 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:43 pm

This year if you bought it before june 12th, it cost $139. If you don't want to allow a player to be owned by more than 1 team, you won't need to do a deluxe league.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby MaxxPlaya » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:58 am

oh okay, so if I just stick with a 13 team league. How much will it cost then if I pay before june?
MaxxPlaya
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner