Sir Issac Bruce....??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sir Issac Bruce....???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sir Issac Bruce....???

Postby Razor » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:51 pm

What is up with Issac Bruce? I have started him every week this year and only have one Td to show for it. I understand that most teams dont want Bruce to make the big play on them so they cover him well. But that leaves Holt open for big plays. Do you think that sometime this year teams will try to take away the big plays from Holt instead of Bruce? Or is Issac Bruce done?

Issac scored 7 TDs last year in 16 games and 6 the year before in 16 games. So i guess he could score 1 td per game the rest of the year to match those numbers but is that very likely or should I bench him for one of these players:

Steve Smith
Correll Buckhalter
Tai Streets
Brian Westbrook
Koren Robinson
Arlen Harris (If Faulk goes out again)

Thanks for your opinions.
Razor

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:03 pm

I'm in the same boat with Bruce. My WRs are Chad Johnson, Joe Horn, Steve Smith, Keyshawn Johnson, and Bruce. I've been starting Chad and Horn, naturally, and have been going with Smith over Bruce recently. Smith is a bigger scoring threat and since there's a big drop-off to the #2 WR in Carolina, Smith almost always gets his yards.

Not that Bruce is a bad start any week. He still has tons of yardage, but in fantasy football it's the TDs and those have been scarce. I guess it's due to the chemistry Bulger and Holt have, and the fact that Holt is really emerging as one of the best WRs in the game now. Faulk's return could help or hurt Isaac's production, we'll have to wait and see.

For now I'd strongly recommend Smith over Bruce most weeks.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Eddie70 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:05 pm

I have Bruce on my team as well, but if I had Koren Robinson I would start him ahead of Bruce.
It seems like Bulger is always throwing to Holt.
Eddie70
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:05 pm

yeah smith has 4 or 5 big games in a row and is seeming to score each week, Bruce is probably the better WR but in FF i would start Smith over him.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby zombiez » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:25 pm

Eddie70 wrote:I have Bruce on my team as well, but if I had Koren Robinson I would start him ahead of Bruce.
It seems like Bulger is always throwing to Holt.
.....Koren Robinson?????he's been a joke this year....705 yards for Bruce, and only 498 for K. Robb, and only seperated by 1 touchdown.....makes it a no brainer
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:55 pm

I just think the days of Bruce are well behind him now. Bulger just seems to be passing more effectively to Holt, and more often as well. Over the past few years, Bruce's status has been slowly declining.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby foreverabearsfan » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:09 pm

if you get pts for return yds, then steve smith is your man. does it all. gets good games around 100 yds rec with occasional TD, and does all the punt and kick returns. great pickup
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:10 pm

steeve smith ahas a td in like 4 straight games, he is hot right now and defintely a good start
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RaginCajun » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:01 am

I cant believe you all were expecting bruce to produce.........I had him last year and he was so bad for my team I swore I would never draft him again.......He is a bum fantasy wise..........................I did get TORY this year though....good luck though
RaginCajun
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk