Week 16 GC: Philadelphia @ Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 16 GC: Philadelphia @ Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 16 GC: Philadelphia @ Washington

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:30 pm

StormTrooper wrote:
Tony Micelli wrote:6 touches for Westbrook so far in the 1st half. This is why I hate andy reid.

Why the hell would'nt you give your best player more than 6 touches? Maybe Reid has a timeshare he needs to use during playoff season and wants it to end early.....

Because you only get 3 downs in the NFL and if you don't get a first there are only so many opportunities. Philly isn't exactly moving the ball at will.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:36 pm

StormTrooper wrote:
Tony Micelli wrote:6 touches for Westbrook so far in the 1st half. This is why I hate andy reid.

Why the hell would'nt you give your best player more than 6 touches? Maybe Reid has a timeshare he needs to use during playoff season and wants it to end early.....

Ease up fantasy fanatics. The Eagles have barely had the ball in the first half and haven't had success getting first downs.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Tony Micelli » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:44 pm

joejlitz wrote:
StormTrooper wrote:

Ease up fantasy fanatics. The Eagles have barely had the ball in the first half and haven't had success getting first downs.

Yeah, maybe they haven't been successful because Reid still refuses to run the damn ball. Even with Curtis and Baskett out, Reid is still itching to pass. It's not a secret. The eagles are at their best offensively when they run the ball and use the run to set up their passing game. Washington can be run on if they just commit to it.

And I am an Eagles fan. As an Eagles fan, I am just frustrated.
QB's - Rodgers, Stafford

RB's - McFadden, J. Starks, Sproles, Felix Jones,DeMarco Murray

WR's -Larry Fitzgerald, M. Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown

TE - Dustin Keller, Jake Ballard

K - J. Kasay

Def - Jets, 49ers
Tony Micelli
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:47 pm

joejlitz wrote:
StormTrooper wrote:

Exactly Joe. Most on here don't seem to understand that the guys who get 20+ carries are usually on the winning team or on a team that is sustaining long drives. Neither of these teams are doing that.

And Storm Trooper. The Eagles pass the ball 60+% of the time which is more than any other team in the past 10 years. They are at their best when the passing game opens up the run.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Tony Micelli » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
StormTrooper wrote:

Exactly Joe. Most on here don't seem to understand that the guys who get 20+ carries are usually on the winning team or on a team that is sustaining long drives. Neither of these teams are doing that.

And Storm Trooper. The Eagles pass the ball 60+% of the time which is more than any other team in the past 10 years. They are at their best when the passing game opens up the run.

Dude, in a 3-0 game, with your playoff life on the line, you get the ball in your play makers hands. 6 rushes and no receptions. Get him open in space, a screen, something.
QB's - Rodgers, Stafford

RB's - McFadden, J. Starks, Sproles, Felix Jones,DeMarco Murray

WR's -Larry Fitzgerald, M. Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown

TE - Dustin Keller, Jake Ballard

K - J. Kasay

Def - Jets, 49ers
Tony Micelli
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matso » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

How is it that I'm losing because Westbrook and Andre Johnson are my two worst players?? What the * is going on?
matso
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby StormTrooper » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:03 pm

matso wrote:How is it that I'm losing because Westbrook and Andre Johnson are my two worst players?? What the * is going on?

Welcome to FF! lol Westbrook, Schaub and Marshall are hosing me right now. Who'd of thought I should have played Pennington and Rhodes instead, or was I just being a bone head?
StormTrooper
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:07 pm

PORTIS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!! C'mon baby !!!!!!!! ;-D Keep the points flowing Clinton ! THANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :-)
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby . » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Finally, now just give Westy the TD to top it off.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Campbell looks really good back there so far...poised. Eagles need to wake the heck up.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting