Week 16 GC: Philadelphia @ Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 16 GC: Philadelphia @ Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 16 GC: Philadelphia @ Washington

Postby charlief1975 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Is Santana Moss awake? I need some points.
charlief1975
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Harold The Wonder Cat » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:13 pm

charlief1975 wrote:Is Santana Moss awake? I need some points.

Santana has ZERO career TD's or 100 yard games against the Eagles Defense as a member of WAS.

By the way,

I told all the dumb ass Eagles fans they would lose to the ForeSkins and ,is the playoffs by a half game
Harold The Wonder Cat
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby holdemrico » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Eagles got owned ;-D That was some last play!
holdemrico
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:26 pm

What was Reggie Brown doing? Why not just run the route a half a yard further in the first place?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Washington played some great defense today, but the Eagles lost because they failed to make any plays. DJack had 2 bombs that he dropped. Asante Samuel had an interception in his hands and dropped it. Their clock management is frustrating. They didn't run the ball the whole 4th quarter, but then they decide to run it with 3:38 and only one timeout? Come on!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby eagles21 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:33 pm

That was horrible. Absolutely terrible. I agree with you Joe, they failed to make plays. But even more so....

16 run plays. 48 pass plays.

We have seen it all year. When the Eagles run the ball effectively, they win. When they pass this much, they lose. I understand that Westbrook was banged up, but switching him in and out with Buckhalter should have been the game plan. Andy always seems to think that he has to throw when things aren't going well. Let's not try to improve our running game, let's just completely abandon it and pass the ball.

Raiders aren't going to win next week. No playoffs for us. Andy has to go.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tony Micelli » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 pm

joejlitz wrote:Washington played some great defense today, but the Eagles lost because they failed to make any plays. DJack had 2 bombs that he dropped. Asante Samuel had an interception in his hands and dropped it. Their clock management is frustrating. They didn't run the ball the whole 4th quarter, but then they decide to run it with 3:38 and only one timeout? Come on!

Yeah, quite a different tune than when you posted this after the first half

joejlitz wrote:Ease up fantasy fanatics. The Eagles have barely had the ball in the first half and haven't had success getting first downs.

Meanwhile, when I've been complaining that they didn't run the ball enough, now you agree with me. Forget about not running it the 4th quarter, they didn't run it enough the entire game. 6 rushes for westbrook in the first half is unacceptable, especially in 25 mph winds, with 2 of your top wide outs hurt, and when the skins are using a quarters coverage the majority of the game. The 2 runs before the half were BS, a draw out of the shot gun to run out the clock. ... Run the damn ball. When your passing game isn't working ..... try running the ball with your best player. Despite what joe and cowboys fan say, running the ball with Westbrook would have been a better game plan than what they threw out there today. You don't need to be sustaining 15 play drives to run the ball, when you're only down 3-0 then 10-3, it's OK to run the ball more than 12 times with your best player. The previous 3 weeks(Ari, Nyg, Cle) are evidence of what this team is capable of if they commit to the run.
QB's - Rodgers, Stafford

RB's - McFadden, J. Starks, Sproles, Felix Jones,DeMarco Murray

WR's -Larry Fitzgerald, M. Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown

TE - Dustin Keller, Jake Ballard

K - J. Kasay

Def - Jets, 49ers
Tony Micelli
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:02 pm

What I was saying was that it was too early to get excited about it. Our original comments were all in the first half and the bottom line is the Eagles didn't have the ball much.

Cruise on forward to the 2nd half and you're right - the Eagles should have put the ball on the ground more. Even if Westbrook was not 100%, they should have went with Buckhalter.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Thank you "deadskins"...you saved us from post season demise!

#1 Cowboy Fan!

Th :-D e Tyeattolah!!!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:37 pm

I was watching the game on my trio and when I saw Philly drive all the way down to the 1 I thought they would take it to OT and win it for sure. I didn't realize they had no timeouts and ran a play to the 1 yardline instead of bayond the goal line.

Love it. Sorry Eagles but now you are going down.

Joe get the PBC rollin. I'm in. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting