Referees favor Steelers? Yea, right... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

Referees favor Steelers? Yea, right...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Referees favor Steelers? Yea, right...

Postby The Lung » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:15 pm

The Steelers have not seen an opponent called for offensive holding since the fourth quarter of the Nov. 3 game against the Washington Redskins, when left tackle Chris Samuels was penalized for holding Harrison.

That's six games -- 24 quarters -- without a holding penalty against the best pass-rush team in the AFC.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Referees favor Steelers? Yea, right...

Postby Munboy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:25 am

Yeah, I've seen plenty of holds not called. Oh well, just something they have to deal with.

Harrison is a monster! I know there are a couple of other players with more sacks, but Harrison has single-handedly changed the course of games late in the 2nd half. Offenses are now even gameplaying against him and putting another TE over there to help block him. He is certainly the defensive MVP in my slightly homerish book!! ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Referees favor Steelers? Yea, right...

Postby petedog9 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:40 pm

I wonder if anything has been said to the league office and any tapes sent over.... Thats a disturbing trend. Holds are drive killers and if the Steelrs are not getting calls wjhile the opponent sure the hell is, that can have an effect on the outcome of games...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers