Team Loyalty or Fantasy Football Success? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Team Loyalty or Fantasy Football Success?

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Re: Team Loyalty or Fantasy Football Success?

Postby joejlitz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:30 pm

I suppose that's debatable to an extent, but for me - yeah. The fans, the culture, the city, the scent of Philly was all over that movie.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sublimeandy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Metroid wrote:Rooting for fantasy players on a rival team to does not make you a bad fan. It's just a game man, both the real version and the fantasy one.....their just games. ;-)

their games? oh, you mean they're games. i didn't understand. you don't understand philly. rooting for the cowboys over the eagles, as an eagles fan, is complete blasphemy.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:00 am

sublimeandy wrote:
Metroid wrote:Rooting for fantasy players on a rival team to does not make you a bad fan. It's just a game man, both the real version and the fantasy one.....their just games. ;-)

you don't understand philly. rooting for the cowboys over the eagles, as an eagles fan, is complete blasphemy.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:20 pm

sublimeandy wrote:

their games? oh, you mean they're games. i didn't understand. you don't understand philly. rooting for the cowboys over the eagles, as an eagles fan, is complete blasphemy.

You're not rooting for the Cowboys silly, you're rooting for Tony Romo to throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's so you can win your league. You can still root for your beloved Eagles and a Cowboys loss....I think it's you that doesn't understand.

I do understand Philly fans but I don't get it. Football does not cure cancer nor does it save lives, it's a game. You won't die if your team loses. Really you have more to gain out of rooting for fantasy sports than real sports. If your Eagles win the Superbowl are they gonna cut you a check for a thousand bucks? Nope.

I gotta think the payout from a fantasy league would make you feel a lot better when your eagles miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:

You're not rooting for the Cowboys silly, you're rooting for Tony Romo to throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's so you can win your league. You can still root for your beloved Eagles and a Cowboys loss....I think it's you that doesn't understand.

I do understand Philly fans but I don't get it. Football does not cure cancer nor does it save lives, it's a game. You won't die if your team loses. Really you have more to gain out of rooting for fantasy sports than real sports. If your Eagles win the Superbowl are they gonna cut you a check for a thousand bucks? Nope.

I gotta think the payout from a fantasy league would make you feel a lot better when your eagles miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round. :-D

But the thing is, football is more then just a game to some Eagles fans, and I'm sure for fans of other teams too. For some, a football game can take them away from the crap in their lives, and probably contributes to their mental well-being in hard times.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:59 pm

Eagles21 - u got it!

Metroid makes some good points, but with an Eagles fan it will ALWAYS be, "yeah, but..." because football is the most important thing for many people at this time of the year. And if you ain't lived there, it's hard to really "get" it.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Metroid wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:

no, i get it. you just don't and won't understand philly. an eagles win takes the bite out of any fantasy loss. i would rather see the eagles win the super bowl than have my fantasy team win a championship any day of the week.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:20 pm

It's all good man, and I can't fault you for that. In fact I commend you for your loyalty. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Article Discussions