Defense Scoring ** Please Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Defense Scoring ** Please Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense Scoring ** Please Help

Postby Timopolis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:06 am

So here's the deal....Matt Ryan dives for the end zone and fumbles the ball around the 1 yard line into the end zone, a lineman (Justin Blalock) falls on the ball for a Falcons touchdown. Fanball calls it a fumble return and does not charge the points against the Vikings defense. I won’t get into the complexities of the defensive scoring but in the end it saves the Vikings defense from losing 2 points. My first thought was that Fanball will correct this but after remembering a similar situation a few weeks ago when the Jets played the 49ers I checked and discovered this is how the Fanball site scores and will score this play. These 2 points could end up making the difference in the championship game with the team who has the Vikings defense up by 5 points, he has Matt Forte still to play and the team that is down has Gregg Jennings and Donald Lee also going on Monday night.
Is it a simple matter of the defense gave up the points or is there something to the forward fumble into the end zone that makes it like the Vikings defense are no longer responsible for the points? I need to come to a decision hopefully before the game tomorrow, there is a good chunk of change to be won or lost and I don't want this to leave one of those involved feeling like they got screwed.......All thoughts are welcomed please help me make a wise choice about this.......Thanks
Timopolis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Defense Scoring ** Please Help

Postby ABA316 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:16 am

If this is how the site will and has scored this in the past, it is what it is. It wouldn't be fair to change it now. Vote on it as a league next year to manually change it if you wish but not now.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner