Auction Alternative - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction Alternative

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction Alternative

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:46 pm

So, I'm moving my seasonal league to a keeper or dynasty league. I want to start it off with an auction, so that you can't blame missing out on ADP merely because of draft position.

The problem is the best way to do an auction is for all be present- it's the difference between poker online and at the table. I'm also expanding it and some of the new or current members aren't geographically near. I've spoken to 2 of the people who'd have to travel and their already planning their vacations around the auction draft.

In the off chance that one or more of the others who would need to travel can't make it, does anyone have an alternative suggestion to getting a keeper/dynasty off the ground than auction?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction Alternative

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 am

Ask Madison to open a draft room here on the Cafe, put a time limit on each player put up for auction, and then make sure everyone has each other's cell phone number.
If you can, you might also want to use an online vid cam and broadcast it so the off site folks can see you all and the fun they are missing.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner