Searching for a replacement owner in the DC area to assume ownership of the DC franchise in the World Fantasy Football League. You can be a fantasy football newbie, or a veteran, the main requirement is that you will manage this team week to week. The current owner is having a child and will not have time to dedicate to fantasy football.
The DC team is known as the DC Minutemen The Minutemen are currently assigned to the North America I division of the A League (see explanation below)
Some information on the league.
- The WFFL is entering season 2. Each franchise in the league represents a major world city (e.g. - Paris Crowns, Hong Kong Dragons, Chicago Inferno, etc.).
- Teams draft new rosters every year, but we keep static team names.
- Entry fee for 2009 is $50, and prize for winning the league will be in the 2K-2500 range. Every owner also gets a single franchise e-mail address that can be configured to forward to your personal e-mail address. (e.g. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We prefer franchise owners that are in it for long term, that is, they want to be a part of a top notch, fun league year-to-year. We also prefer franchise owners that are local to the franchise city (this is really a worldwide league), where possible.
- The WFFL is a network of leagues (3 main leagues, 60 teams in each league and one champions league of 12 teams) - the A League (highest level league), B League, and C League (lowest level league) with full promotion and relegation (similar to the European soccer system).
- Each league consists of 6 Divisions Each division contains 10 teams grouped as closely as possible by region (North America, Europe, Asia-Africa-Pacific, etc.)
- Each year, the top two teams in each division, are promoted to the next level league (so for instance, in 2009, the top two finishers in Division 1, Division 2, etc. of B League will be promoted to the A League for the 2010 season).
- In a similar fashion, if you finish in the bottom two of your division, you are demoted/relegated to a lower level league (so for instance, in 2009, if you finish #10 in Division 1 of B League, you are dropped down to the C League for 2010 season)
- The top two teams in each division of A League qualifies for the 12 team Champions League. The Champions League are the top teams, and the winner of this 12 team league is considered the World Fantasy Football League Champion. The 2009 season, we will crown our first league champion.
If you are interested in ownership of the DC Minutemen, please reply to this ad or send an e-mail to the WFFL Commissioner at email@example.com
. Please be sure to reference Craigslist and also indicate DC Minutemen in the subject line.