I'd like to join a money league next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

I'd like to join a money league next year

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'd like to join a money league next year

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:08 am

I've played for a few years on free ESPN and Yahoo leagues, and it's fun. I won 3 championships last year (out of 5), and I'm in the finals in 3 this year as well (again out of 5). But I've played in a total of 3 leagues where I "knew" the people beforehand. Last place in two and missed the playoffs in the other. I'd like to play with peeps from the cafe, where I have found a home the last 3 years, and money makes it more exciting (not big bucks but I'd be willing to kick in 20-50 depending on how well I felt about it) I'd like the chance to play against peeps I "met" beforehand but I'd like the league to be managed by LeagueSafe or similar.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I'd like to join a money league next year

Postby GroganCommish » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Check out the post.
viewtopic.php?t=434838

The league is entering it's seventh season. Originally started among friends, we have replace orphaned teams over the years (none last year) through the cafe.
Prize money is kept in our league paypal account but we are always open to suggestions.
GroganCommish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby wfflcommish » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:42 am

Searching for a replacement owner in the DC area to assume ownership of the DC franchise in the World Fantasy Football League. You can be a fantasy football newbie, or a veteran, the main requirement is that you will manage this team week to week. The current owner is having a child and will not have time to dedicate to fantasy football.

The DC team is known as the DC Minutemen The Minutemen are currently assigned to the North America I division of the A League (see explanation below)

Some information on the league.

- The WFFL is entering season 2. Each franchise in the league represents a major world city (e.g. - Paris Crowns, Hong Kong Dragons, Chicago Inferno, etc.).

- Teams draft new rosters every year, but we keep static team names.

- Entry fee for 2009 is $50, and prize for winning the league will be in the 2K-2500 range. Every owner also gets a single franchise e-mail address that can be configured to forward to your personal e-mail address. (e.g. - miamimafia@worldffl.net).

- We prefer franchise owners that are in it for long term, that is, they want to be a part of a top notch, fun league year-to-year. We also prefer franchise owners that are local to the franchise city (this is really a worldwide league), where possible.

- The WFFL is a network of leagues (3 main leagues, 60 teams in each league and one champions league of 12 teams) - the A League (highest level league), B League, and C League (lowest level league) with full promotion and relegation (similar to the European soccer system).

- Each league consists of 6 Divisions Each division contains 10 teams grouped as closely as possible by region (North America, Europe, Asia-Africa-Pacific, etc.)

- Each year, the top two teams in each division, are promoted to the next level league (so for instance, in 2009, the top two finishers in Division 1, Division 2, etc. of B League will be promoted to the A League for the 2010 season).

- In a similar fashion, if you finish in the bottom two of your division, you are demoted/relegated to a lower level league (so for instance, in 2009, if you finish #10 in Division 1 of B League, you are dropped down to the C League for 2010 season)

- The top two teams in each division of A League qualifies for the 12 team Champions League. The Champions League are the top teams, and the winner of this 12 team league is considered the World Fantasy Football League Champion. The 2009 season, we will crown our first league champion.

If you are interested in ownership of the DC Minutemen, please reply to this ad or send an e-mail to the WFFL Commissioner at commissioner@worldffl.net. Please be sure to reference Craigslist and also indicate DC Minutemen in the subject line.

wfflcommish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 pm

You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:50 am

OK maybe not so much a 4-division, separate league, 200 team world network with euro-soccer relegation (????). I'm kinda more interested in a simple one-season, 8-12 team q/r/r/w/w/t/k/d sort of set-up, maybe a couple flexes or a 2nd qb, no money for transactions, pay in like 20 or 50 bucks into leaguesafe at the beginning of the season and payout maybe 50% to winner/25%superbowl runner-up/25% reg season winner or something. Real basic, I don't really have the time or the interest to expand my world into idp or re-draft/dynasty/keeper etc etc. If what I proposed sounds like fun to you, please post or pm me. If you have a league that is similar to that and drafts new teams every year (I could try keeper, never have but it doesn't sound like THAT big of a deal, I just love the draft and there's something beautiful about a brand-new shiny team at the beginning of the year) and needs a new owner for next season pm or post ;-D I would also be more than willing to run it, I have commished twice before. I'm not going to whine about details, I'm more than willing to try something new, but the only things I really don't want to deal with are huge rosters (I was invited to join a league with like 24 starters, including 2 head coaches and it looked like way way too much to deal with weekly to me), huge leagues (12 teams to me is plenty,otherwise the ww is pretty much useless unless someone gets injured) and IDP...I've never done it, and I obsess over FFball plenty now without doubling the number of available players I need to research every week O:-) I'm also trying to drum up some interest at work, but I doubt if I can get enough for a decent size league. Anyhoo... to sum up, I would like to join or start an average-size league with pretty average rules and a cash payout without a huge amount of drama and complications...again, if interested or if you have ideas or suggestions for me or the potential league please pm me or (preferably) reply here. ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Classifieds