Where's my present?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Where's my present?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Where's my present?!?!

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Got a Bosu Ball :-B

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Got a Bosu Ball :-B

Whats that!?!?! 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:45 pm

Metroid wrote:

Whats that!?!?! 8-o

It's pretty cool. Did you get a full one or half? The half ones are great for using dumbells while standing on. Being offbalance while lifting is great. Matt McCaughnahey swears by it for building his arms. If it's a full, it's a necessity in an ab workout IMO. A lot of great uses for other workouts. Great for the back as well.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:09 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I got a rock.

I read that in a Charlie Brown voice :-b

Metroid, I've got your present right here with me... here's a hint: it's something that can't be bought in stores :-*

XMas was pretty typical; lots of toys for the kids, lots of warm clothes and household and cooking stuff for me. My sis and bro-in-law had their hasement finished over the summer so it was pretty sweet seeing it for the first time. They have a blu-ray player, X-box 360 and Wii hoooked up to an HD projector to a 100" screen. PLayed lots of games on that. Saw Ironman for the first time last night, my first exposure to blu-ray and 7.1 surround sound. Pretty awesome.

My neice got the updated version of the board game Life. It's not like the version I played as a kid. Now there's plastic surgery and lawsuits :-o
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:30 pm

The main present I got this year was a subscription to Harper's Monthly, which I'm pretty stoked about. The subscription also gives me website membership and access to their full online archives.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:47 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:The main present I got this year was a subscription to Harper's Monthly, which I'm pretty stoked about. The subscription also gives me website membership and access to their full online archives.

I got a magazine subscription too. Pond Boss. And a bunch of fishing stuff. And some clothes. And some cologne. And one of those Jack Daniels gift baskets. I haven't had Jack in probably 10 years.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Whats that!?!?! 8-o

It's pretty cool. Did you get a full one or half? The half ones are great for using dumbells while standing on. Being offbalance while lifting is great. Matt McCaughnahey swears by it for building his arms. If it's a full, it's a necessity in an ab workout IMO. A lot of great uses for other workouts. Great for the back as well.

I got a half. I had a full ball already.
I also got a chin-up/dip station (I didn't actually get it, my Mom told to buy it and give her the bill, lazy woman but I shouldn't complain b/c I've been looking at them and they get pretty expensive).

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:57 pm

I got the daughter a bunch of fun stuff - some movies, some craft stuff, a bunch of princess dress-up stuff, etc. Funny thing is, the thing she likes the best is an old hand-held magnifying glass I found in a drawer and gave her on a whim. It wasn't even a present, just something I thought she'd have fun with. That thing hasn't left her side in four days - to the store, to grandma's, to bed... she even wanted to take it in the shower but I told her no. :-b

Kids are funny.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:02 pm

knapplc wrote:I got the daughter a bunch of fun stuff - some movies, some craft stuff, a bunch of princess dress-up stuff, etc. Funny thing is, the thing she likes the best is an old hand-held magnifying glass I found in a drawer and gave her on a whim. It wasn't even a present, just something I thought she'd have fun with. That thing hasn't left her side in four days - to the store, to grandma's, to bed... she even wanted to take it in the shower but I told her no. :-b

Kids are funny.

My favorite thing about Christmas is watching all the adults trying to get my neices and nephews to play with--or at least acknowledge--all the fancy gifts they gave them, while the kids want nothing more than to play with the discarded wrapping paper and boxes.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:04 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:My best gifts were two trips...

1) From my wife, I'm flying to Rochester MN next week to see my son wrestle in a tournament of the top 40 teams in the US. http://www.clashmn.org/(

You will have to hit Treat and Myself up for what to do in Rochester. Unfortunately for me most of my time spent at Rochester has been at the Mayo Clinic, but in my younger years I played in many Basketball Tournaments in that town.

Enjoy the crappy weather. :-D

I'm used to it...
Probably not a good idea to wear a Philly hat, though. :-B
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk