Week 17 GC: Dallas @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 17 GC: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 17 GC: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 am

joejlitz wrote:The Birds have won their last six December games against Dallas, by a combined score of 152-39.

hehehehehe

and did you know that.... (from Sportsline)

The Eagles scored a franchise-record 416 points this season. ...
McNabb broke his own single-season team record for yards passing, finishing with 3,916. ... Akers kicked his 31st field goal in the first half, setting a single-season team record. ... Jackson set a team record with 912 yards receiving, becoming the first rookie to lead the Eagles in catches since 1942. ...
and....
The Cowboys have lost nine consecutive season finales.
Wow~ :-*
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sublimeandy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:48 am

joejlitz wrote:Wow. Thinking back on this win, I don't remember McNabb putting any balls at the feet of our RBs in the flat or our WRs on 10-yard hooks. Those who watch the Eagles regularly can attest that that is a fairly remarkable accomplishment.

not to be a downer, but he did throw one to the feet of a wide open westbrook in the flat. we were up about 40 points though so who cares!
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:53 am

Eagles will not make it through the first round of the playoffs...all hype!!!

THe only thing you can celebrate is that you made it to the playoffs...for some reason my bungling Cowboys can't figure out how to win late in the season.

Congrats to the Eagles for a sound throuncing of the Boyz...maybe next year!

I'm off to put a paperbag on my head! :-D :~(
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:10 am

Tyeattolah wrote:Eagles will not make it through the first round of the playoffs...all hype!!!

THe only thing you can celebrate is that you made it to the playoffs...for some reason my bungling Cowboys can't figure out how to win late in the season.

Yeah, I'm gonna say you're wrong right there... :-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:23 am

Tyeattolah wrote:Eagles will not make it through the first round of the playoffs...all hype!!!

All hype huh? They've won 4 of the last 5, McNabb and Westy are healthy, Buckhalter has stepped up, DJAX2 has emerged, but more importantly than that their defense is playing lights out, #3 in the league behind BAL and PIT. Getting past the Vikes at the Metrodome will be a tough task but if they do they'll play the Giants in New York, where they've already won this year. The Eagles also have already beat the Falcons should they meet them. Not sure what game you were watching but your pretty good Cowboys team was completely dismantled on all fronts. I'm thinking the Eagles can do some damage in the playoffs, but your right getting through that first round game at the Metrodome will be tough.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Well
Metroid wrote:

All hype huh? They've won 4 of the last 5, McNabb and Westy are healthy, Buckhalter has stepped up, DJAX2 has emerged, but more importantly than that their defense is playing lights out, #3 in the league behind BAL and PIT. Getting past the Vikes at the Metrodome will be a tough task but if they do they'll play the Giants in New York, where they've already won this year. The Eagles also have already beat the Falcons should they meet them. Not sure what game you were watching but your pretty good Cowboys team was completely dismantled on all fronts. I'm thinking the Eagles can do some damage in the playoffs, but your right getting through that first round game at the Metrodome will be tough.

You make fairly good points...still believe they are hyped up, but proof is in the pudding.

McNabb plays better when he's benched for a week, so if Reid can find reason to threaten a bench I'm sure DM will put forth a great effort.

I think their D is suspect...who have they played but a bunch of bungling Cowboys, the Deadskins, Browns, Cardinals (9-7 AND FALLING APART LIKE THE COWBOYS). Yes they beat the Giants, good game! Just not sure they will progress, but as I said...they are in the playoffs we are not! Good luck to the NFC East!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby swyck » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:11 pm

As I recall it was the Boyz that got all the hype. Put that bag on, put a star on it, and wear it proudly.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 pm

Metroid

Postby sublimeandy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Metroid wrote:Image

i love it! wait, is that from the playoff game against the seahawks? oh i know! it's from the 2007 playoffs when he threw that 4th quarter int against the giants! or is it last week after one of his many turnovers? man. too many games to choose from!
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:27 pm

sublimeandy wrote:
Metroid wrote:Image

i love it! wait, is that from the playoff game against the seahawks? oh i know! it's from the 2007 playoffs when he threw that 4th quarter int against the giants! or is it last week after one of his many turnovers? man. too many games to choose from!

I know you're joking but for those who missed it that shot it's from yesterday. :-D
Metroid

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting