NHL 09 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

NHL 09

Moderator: Football Moderators

NHL 09

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Just got it for xbox 360. Anyone else have it yet?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NHL 09

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:19 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Just got it for xbox 360. Anyone else have it yet?

Crazy, I was just coming to this forum to ask the same question, and here it was already! I am seriuosly contemplating buying this game (I haven't owned a hockey game since Wayne Gretzky's for the N64, but I think now is the time), but I was hoping for some outside input before I pulled the trigger. I think I might rent it before playing it, but if I hear more stuff from you fellas, I might just put that $8 towards the purchase price :-D ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I have it. It's so worth it.

The game is so much more realistic this year and defense can actually win games. You can SUCCESSFULLY play dump and chase instead of run and gun.

I also haven't found any true glitch goals, aside from the one shootout goal that you can fix with a patch. (Skate backwards into the crease, just as you enter you take a wrist shot. Top corner 75% of the time.)

The hits are still ridiculous but who doesn't love destroying people once in a while.

The fighting system is also improved this year, it still isn't great, but the new circling system is much more enjoyable.

"Be A Pro" mode is alright, but i can't stand sitting in the penalty box for 5 minutes after a fighting major...so annoying. "Dynasty" mode is REALLY fun, as usual.

If you have ANY interest in hockey what so ever you'll find this game very enjoyable.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I have it. It's so worth it.

The game is so much more realistic this year and defense can actually win games. You can SUCCESSFULLY play dump and chase instead of run and gun.

I also haven't found any true glitch goals, aside from the one shootout goal that you can fix with a patch. (Skate backwards into the crease, just as you enter you take a wrist shot. Top corner 75% of the time.)

The hits are still ridiculous but who doesn't love destroying people once in a while.

The fighting system is also improved this year, it still isn't great, but the new circling system is much more enjoyable.

"Be A Pro" mode is alright, but i can't stand sitting in the penalty box for 5 minutes after a fighting major...so annoying. "Dynasty" mode is REALLY fun, as usual.

If you have ANY interest in hockey what so ever you'll find this game very enjoyable.

Sounds awesome ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:45 pm

I have it also. I pretty much suck at shooting, but it's really fun nonetheless. :-b ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:30 pm

I have now played it as well and I agree that it's awesome. Dynasty mode is great, and I love Be a Pro mode as well.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:06 am

I think I might be making a purchase tomorrow ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby eagles21 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:39 pm

My favorite game right now. Having fun with this until NCAA/Madden comes out. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:19 pm

eagles21 wrote:My favorite game right now. Having fun with this until NCAA/Madden comes out. ;-D

Ditto, I started a dynasty with 3 of my buddies and we just get lost in it for hours... great game.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Video Games