Week 17 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 17 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 17 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:18 pm

"I am witless"--NimRod Marinelli. Ex-head coach of the 0-16 Lions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:19 pm

moochman wrote:"I am witless"--NimRod Marinelli. Ex-head coach of the 0-16 Lions.

I'm loling. :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:20 pm

moochman wrote:"I am witless"--NimRod Marinelli. Ex-head coach of the 0-16 Lions.

Sorry Mooch! I was rooting for the Lions :-/
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:23 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:

Sorry Mooch! I was rooting for the Lions :-/

thanks. I am in some sort of shock. I cannot believe the totality of what I have seen. losing every stinking game and not even being competitive in most of them. This is the most well deserved 0-16 there ever could have been. I am wearing my Oh-face. Not that Oh-face, my Oh & 16 face. :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:25 pm

BTW, that also means the Marinelli led Lions have now lost 23 of the last 24 games. 1-24! Oh, Oh, Oh...

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:42 pm

I live in Detroit and I'm loving this. Willie Ford seems to be getting exactly what he deserves these days. He refuses to change leadership and direction with Millen and he now ends up with an 0-16 football team and arguably the worst owner ever. As part of the board at Ford, he refuses to, over time, run a good company and put a quality product on the road. Again, demonstrating his poor leadership. Now he's got an 0-16 football team to go with his 1-15 car company. I'm loving it.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Chad, you may have to remind your flock many, many times over at the next service that God does, indeed, love them.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:27 pm

BritSox wrote:Chad, you may have to remind your flock many, many times over at the next service that God does, indeed, love them.

I'm not a youth pastor any more. But yes, I'll let my Detroit co-workers know that God does in fact love them.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:48 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I live in Detroit and I'm loving this. Willie Ford seems to be getting exactly what he deserves these days. He refuses to change leadership and direction with Millen and he now ends up with an 0-16 football team and arguably the worst owner ever. As part of the board at Ford, he refuses to, over time, run a good company and put a quality product on the road. Again, demonstrating his poor leadership. Now he's got an 0-16 football team to go with his 1-15 car company. I'm loving it.

As a point of clarification. Willie Clay Ford has absolutely nothing to do with Ford Motor Co. In fact it is widely held that the family let him buy the Lions as a door prize for not having enough business savy to be apart of the family business.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:10 pm

moochman wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:I live in Detroit and I'm loving this. Willie Ford seems to be getting exactly what he deserves these days. He refuses to change leadership and direction with Millen and he now ends up with an 0-16 football team and arguably the worst owner ever. As part of the board at Ford, he refuses to, over time, run a good company and put a quality product on the road. Again, demonstrating his poor leadership. Now he's got an 0-16 football team to go with his 1-15 car company. I'm loving it.

As a point of clarification. Willie Clay Ford has absolutely nothing to do with Ford Motor Co. In fact it is widely held that the family let him buy the Lions as a door prize for not having enough business savy to be apart of the family business.

You sure about that?

"After his older brother Henry Ford II retired as head of Ford, William remained as a director of the Company. He was chairman of the most important of the directors' committees, the Finance Committee.[7] He sat on the Ford Board of Directors for 57 years, retiring on May 12, 2005. [8] His son was serving as Ford's CEO at the time."

You work for one of the big 3 or the UAW?
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting