Roy Williams trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

Roy Williams trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roy Williams trade

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Hey guys. I was just wondering what you guys thought about that trade now? At the time of it i was calling Jones insane and that hes truly lost it all. Just wondering what the view was from the other side of the fence. Dont worry i know how you guys feel after todays loss. Im a Lions fan. Do i really need to say more? So yeah, what do you think about the Roy Williams trade now that some time has passed. Remember it was 4 picks for Roy. Well 3 and swapping one or whatever.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roy Williams trade

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:46 pm

I didn't really like it when it happened but I tried to stay positive. Now I hate it. We seemed better with the no namers like Austin and Crayton.

We have a lot to think about in the off season.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Yeah i agree with you. Atleast you are not a Lions fan. 0-16 didnt even make things change. They didnt even fire everyone. They promoted within. Im so upset i dont even really know what to do anymore. I feel like im being cheated on or something. Detroit deserves a pro football team and that we dont have. Okay im getting off topic so i will stop. I heard that Jones came out and said that the head coach and off coord are both coming back. Any truth to that? I cant see them just coming into next year with the same approach.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:13 am

I loved the trade, I've been for it, and I've defended Roy when people called him a mediocre WR and he could end up making me look like a fool, this season is put up or shut up time but I think we will see the pro bowl caliber Roy emerge...Too many people were jumping the gun on him after the trade, he wasn't involved in the offense, he didn't really have a place in the offense, we weren't using him to his strenghts, we were just trying to plug him in and make it work but it never did.

How many times did we throw a jump ball to him in the end zone after the one he caught vs Tampa Bay? And Brad Johnson threw that pass, you can't tell me down inside the red zone he won't be a mis-match every team, so everyone can blow their load over Fitzgerald in the way he wins jump balls and rightfully so but Roy will win a jump ball vs a sub 6'0 corner every time no doubt about it...I don't think it was a fluke that he had 1300 yards and 80 catches on a piss poor Detroit team, with no other weapons to take pressure off of him, that doesn't happen by accident...He's a talented player, and while everyone wants to call him slow he ran a sub 4.4 so he has the speed for a guy his size, his plantar fancis(sp?) injury hobbled him but I expect him to bounce back.

I watched him play his entire career for the Longhorns, and in Detroit, but the thing about it is that Roy is a homegrown hometown guy, he LOVES Texas and everything about this state, loves the Cowboys, played in Odessa, and people are starting to question his talent, I think that's when the competitive nature comes out in a competitor when you question his ability...I think he has too much pride for himself as a player to prove everyone right that has called him out recently, I bet it's burning him up to have a killer season to prove that cutting TO was the right move...Personally I think he'll bounce back to pro bowl form and the trade will look like a solid move because TO was of age and we had an extra 3rd from all the trading back we did and still have 9 picks this draft, we only need depth anyway.

Also Austin needed the extra looks/targets, he's ready to emerge in this offense and is ready for a breakout season, Tony trust him and he's a great fit as a #2 on the outside, I expect him to flourish the most due to the expanded role and I trust him to pick up the slack.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer