Vikings fans giving up already against the Eagles? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vikings fans giving up already against the Eagles?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vikings fans giving up already against the Eagles?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Unless you have consistently watched Vikings games over the course of your lifetime you simply don't understand the type of letdowns you will be in for. It's one thing to consistently suck, but to be on the brink of greatness and then fold like a lawn chair is what Vikings football is all about. Plenty of reason for skepticism amongst Vikes fans.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:49 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Unless you have consistently watched Vikings games over the course of your lifetime you simply don't understand the type of letdowns you will be in for. It's one thing to consistently suck, but to be on the brink of greatness and then fold like a lawn chair is what Vikings football is all about.

A more true statement has never been uttered. I would rather live in futility as a Lions fan than be on the brink of potential greatness than blow it. The line in my sig is a good reference.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:01 pm

treat24 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:Unless you have consistently watched Vikings games over the course of your lifetime you simply don't understand the type of letdowns you will be in for. It's one thing to consistently suck, but to be on the brink of greatness and then fold like a lawn chair is what Vikings football is all about.

A more true statement has never been uttered. I would rather live in futility as a Lions fan than be on the brink of potential greatness than blow it. The line in a sig is a good reference.

I'm the same way with the Jets. Typical Jets, lose 4 of the last 5 after starting out 8-3. Typical Jets let down. That is why I never get my hopes up high about them.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby eagles21 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm

That article is sort of stupid. I'm sure that if the Eagles were in the same position that the Vikings were in last week, we would have quotes just like the ones posted. Probably more, since Eagles fans are generally expecting the worst.

The other thing people seem to forget is what Eagles fans would be saying if we lost yesterday, after getting a 2nd chance to make the playoffs. People would be going crazy, calling for the firing of Reid, release of Mcnabb, etc. Since we made the playoffs, everything is great. It's amazing how the outcome of one game, for some Eagles fans, basically dissolves the crap that we had to endure all season.
Last edited by eagles21 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:11 pm

eagles21 wrote:That article is sort of stupid. I'm sure that if the Eagles were in the same position that the Vikings were in last week, we would have quotes just like the ones posted. Probably more, since Eagles fans are generally expecting the worst.

The other thing people seem to forget is what Eagles fans would be saying if we lost yesterday, after getting a 2nd chance to make the playoffs. People would be going crazy, calling for the firing of Reid, release of Andy, etc. Since we made the playoffs, everything is great. It's amazing how the outcome of one game, for some Eagles fans, basically dissolves the crap that we had to endure all season.

"I think the negativity in this town sucks," Fired Coach. :-b
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby eagles21 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
eagles21 wrote:That article is sort of stupid. I'm sure that if the Eagles were in the same position that the Vikings were in last week, we would have quotes just like the ones posted. Probably more, since Eagles fans are generally expecting the worst.

The other thing people seem to forget is what Eagles fans would be saying if we lost yesterday, after getting a 2nd chance to make the playoffs. People would be going crazy, calling for the firing of Reid, release of Andy, etc. Since we made the playoffs, everything is great. It's amazing how the outcome of one game, for some Eagles fans, basically dissolves the crap that we had to endure all season.

"I think the negativity in this town sucks," Fired Coach. :-b

It really does, I get depressed from all the disappointment in this town. :-b

BTW, I meant release of Mcnabb, not Andy (although releasing would work as well as firing I guess). :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Tom Mahon = Page 3, at best, in any market.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby joejlitz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 am

The Eagles have had a tough time stopping the TE this year and I just saw this:
Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe's seven touchdown grabs make him a viable red-zone weapon
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:54 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Unless you have consistently watched Vikings games over the course of your lifetime you simply don't understand the type of letdowns you will be in for. It's one thing to consistently suck, but to be on the brink of greatness and then fold like a lawn chair is what Vikings football is all about. Plenty of reason for skepticism amongst Vikes fans.

I'd argue the Eagles have been let down as much as the Vikings. I mean come on...The Philly Soul got a ring first. :-b
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:01 pm

4 championship game losses and 4 Superbowl losses over here. made the playoffs all but one year from 1992-2000 and never did anything including our 15-1 season where we were MUCH better suited to play the Broncos. Vikes woulda beat the Broncos in many analysts opinions at the time, but Gary Anderson missed a field goal and the Falcons lost to the Broncos. :-°
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting