Playoffs coming up... Who do you want to Face - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

Playoffs coming up... Who do you want to Face

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoffs coming up... Who do you want to Face

Postby mariners100 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:38 am

So even though we are off this week, who do you want to face next week. Who are you not looking fowrad to facing?

5. Indianapolis Colts (12-4) at 4. San Diego Chargers (8-8)
6. Baltimore Ravens (11-5) at 3. Miami Dolphins (11-5)

We will play either Miami, San Diego, or the Colts.

Personally, I am glad that we don't have to play Baltimore right now but Indy and San Diego are hot. I personally believe that we can beat all three but I would rather play Miami.
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playoffs coming up... Who do you want to Face

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Either Miami or San Diego would be ideal. My confidence in the Steelers beating anyone else isn't all that high.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:14 pm

I'd love to play Miami...I think they can pull it off too but it might take some help from the rookie QB. I'd least like to play the Colts in the Divisional round at least, I'm just not liking the matchup there coming off a 2-week rest for us.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:59 am

Of course miami. I think our D is good enough to counter their running attack and render the wildcat ineffective.
Then the Colts (If they were still in it)
Chargers
Ravens
I hope the Steelers and Titans make it through.
I KNOW the Steelers can beat the titans and I'd love a little revenge for the classless displays they did at the end of the last time they met.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby petedog9 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:31 am

I like the setup after this week. Let Ten and Bal beat the snot out of each other and I think that Pitt can handle San Diego without too much concern. The Steelers marched up an down the field on them. They penalized Pitt a ridiculously, one sided way for over 115 yards while 10 for only SD. They held Rivers to a 44 passer rating as well. I'll take those odds. Meanwhile Bal and Ten will punch each other in the mout for 3 hours and whomever makes it out of there is gonna feel it. All this favors Pitt IMO.....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mariners100 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:38 pm

I think we have a good matchup with SD as well. With LT being out (more than likely) I think that we can hold Sproles and Bennett in check. My only concern is Gates over the middle when we shut down the run. I expect SD to take some shots down the field early in the game to hep their running game get some room, but I don't see them burning us with the deep pass.

My vote is to have Tenn and Bal beat up on each other for a bit and for us to us that as a benefit in the AFC Championship game.
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Can't say I can complain. Seeing them beat Indy is a bit concerning, but I don't think it'll be an issue as long as their rushing defense can contain Sproles. But Roethlisberger can't turn the ball over 3 times. That's the bottom line; if they limit turnovers and stop San Diego's run game, they win.

Next week... talk about the two teams I don't want to see the Steelers play. Playing Tennessee is almost like looking in the mirror, except you see a team with a great offensive line instead of one of the worst in the league, and there's also a pretty consistent running game there too. And Baltimore... well, after beating them twice by a combined 7 points, I'd prefer not to go that route again like Dallas did last year.

I guess if I had to pick I'd go with Baltimore. But they gotta beat San Diego first, and I don't trust their offense quite enough for that to be as much of a guarantee as it should be.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mariners100 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:57 am

steelerfan513 wrote:I guess if I had to pick I'd go with Baltimore. But they gotta beat San Diego first, and I don't trust their offense quite enough for that to be as much of a guarantee as it should be.

You got your wish this week. Baltimore has a ton of injuries from their game with Tenn... and we seemed to get out of the game without any major.

Should be another hard fought game this week.
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers