Week 18 GC: Atlanta @ Arizona - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 18 GC: Atlanta @ Arizona

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 18 GC: Atlanta @ Arizona

Postby FFslacker » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:03 pm

I think they might unless you can show me a team that crawls out of the pile of crap that is the NFC west.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyeattolah » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:11 pm

...OMG...I have to go to a wedding reception. I'm thinking cell phone, blue tooth, and someone to call me after every score!
:-D at least a text!
Last edited by Tyeattolah on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:12 pm

FFslacker wrote:I think they might unless you can show me a team that crawls out of the pile of crap that is the NFC west.

How about the team that has dominated the NFC West the last 6 years and doesn't lose their top 8 WRs to injury in 2009? :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby biju » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Good start for ARI. ;-D

I want the Cardinals to win by the way. I would like for people to stop calling the NFC West the worst division in the league, especially when the AFC East was so clearly worse last year.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm

biju wrote:
FFslacker wrote:I think they might unless you can show me a team that crawls out of the pile of crap that is the NFC west.

How about the team that has dominated the NFC West the last 6 years and doesn't lose their top 8 WRs to injury in 2009? :-D

Unless they can figure out why their defense all of a sudden turned to crap, I'm not buying it. Although getting Hasselbeck and those wide receivers back should at least make the division competitive.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Let's go Falcons. My survivor pool relies on an Atlanta win.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Love it love it love it!

15 yards - go Cards!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Two pretty horrible no-calls saved the Falcons in the 3rd quarter. Sam Baker got away with major holding in the end zone that should've resulted in a safety, and one of Atlanta's corners didn't get called for blatant defensive holding on third down that led to a missed field goal. Not that it mattered because Arizona just drove down to take an 11-point lead.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby biju » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:06 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
biju wrote:

Unless they can figure out why their defense all of a sudden turned to crap, I'm not buying it. Although getting Hasselbeck and those wide receivers back should at least make the division competitive.

We were dead last in time of possession. As you probably know, this is a huge problem in how your defense performs. It also directly correlates to our offensive injury issues in 2008.

Now, it's entirely possible, and even probable, that I'm one of those fans that only wants to see the rosy scenario for their team. I'm sure there are Bengals fans thinking they are going to win the Superbowl when Carson Palmer comes back too. But I do think I can see part of the reason why we weren't competitive this year and why that isn't going to repeat in 2009 unless we go through injury problems again. And this isn't to say that this won't be avoided--we have an older team now. I'm just saying that if there aren't debilitating injuries in 2009, I can't see a reason why we shouldn't win our division.

Edit: The italicized words.
Last edited by biju on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby biju » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Two pretty horrible no-calls saved the Falcons in the 3rd quarter. Sam Baker got away with major holding in the end zone that should've resulted in a safety, and one of Atlanta's corners didn't get called for blatant defensive holding on third down that led to a missed field goal. Not that it mattered because Arizona just drove down to take an 11-point lead.

There's your safety. ;-D

And quite possibly a little early since he did get the pass off and completed it. But I think even if it was the wrong call (which I don't think so) it was a great make up call.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting