Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota

Postby WebHamster » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:30 am

:-X
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Step one en route to the NFC Championship!

Don't hate, Minny! Dawkins is bringing the pain tomorrow! !+)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RiffRaff » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:33 pm

joejlitz wrote:Step one en route to the NFC Championship!

Don't hate, Minny! Dawkins is bringing the pain tomorrow! !+)

Enjoy your new sig. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:53 pm

I like this info.!

* "They are more like Hercules right now, if you are going to go to fairy-tale time. I think Philadelphia is dangerous, because what they have proven this year is that they can stop the run on first down. They are No. 1 in the NFL stopping the run on first down. And if you can do that, that means Jim Johnson can start dialing up those blitzes." - "Inside the NFL's" Cris Collinsworth on whether the Eagles might be a Cinderella story.

BTW - I know a lot of people don't like Berman, but his picks today for ESPN were PHL vs. IND in the Super Bowl.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Also from the DN:

Andy Reid's Eagles have been to the playoffs six times and have a gorgeous 6-0 record in the first game out of the box.
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... eners.html

joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:30 pm

They better come out firing tomorrow. Everyone is picking us to go far in the playoffs. There is no doubt in my mind that we can go far, but the team better take it one game at a time, and they better not overlook the Vikings team that everyone is picking to lose tomorrow.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:43 pm

joejlitz wrote:I like this info.!

* "They are more like Hercules right now, if you are going to go to fairy-tale time. I think Philadelphia is dangerous, because what they have proven this year is that they can stop the run on first down. They are No. 1 in the NFL stopping the run on first down. And if you can do that, that means Jim Johnson can start dialing up those blitzes." - "Inside the NFL's" Cris Collinsworth on whether the Eagles might be a Cinderella story.

BTW - I know a lot of people don't like Berman, but his picks today for ESPN were PHL vs. IND in the Super Bowl.

:-b :-b :-b
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Ok, I'm sorry Eagles fans, but I've got to say something here. People are way too in love with the Eagles. They are like night and day. We have no idea who will show up, and if the Eagles that we saw tie the Bengals (which apparently can happen, who knew?), then they have no chance. If the Eagles who we saw against the Cowboys show up, then yes, they have an excellent chance to take this game. But still, it's a 9-6-1, inconsistent team going on the road against a team with a good defense and the best RB in the league. Yes, the Eagles have a good run defense, apparently really good on first down specifically, but AD is still AD. Yes, Andy Reid is 6-0 in his first playoff game per year, but that's with a different team, a younger McNabb, and a different opponent. Lets not forget that this is the same coach and QB whose head the entire city was calling for a mere few weeks ago.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyeattolah » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:19 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Ok, I'm sorry Eagles fans, but I've got to say something here. People are way too in love with the Eagles. They are like night and day. We have no idea who will show up, and if the Eagles that we saw tie the Bengals (which apparently can happen, who knew?), then they have no chance. If the Eagles who we saw against the Cowboys show up, then yes, they have an excellent chance to take this game. But still, it's a 9-6-1, inconsistent team going on the road against a team with a good defense and the best RB in the league. Yes, the Eagles have a good run defense, apparently really good on first down specifically, but AD is still AD. Yes, Andy Reid is 6-0 in his first playoff game per year, but that's with a different team, a younger McNabb, and a different opponent. Lets not forget that this is the same coach and QB whose head the entire city was calling for a mere few weeks ago.

Ditto to what Flesh said. Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb, I don't know...all I've seen is inconsistent play most of the season. ONe game at a time...I hope its only one and then back to the "friendly" city.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:29 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Ok, I'm sorry Eagles fans, but I've got to say something here. People are way too in love with the Eagles. They are like night and day. We have no idea who will show up, and if the Eagles that we saw tie the Bengals (which apparently can happen, who knew?), then they have no chance. If the Eagles who we saw against the Cowboys show up, then yes, they have an excellent chance to take this game. But still, it's a 9-6-1, inconsistent team going on the road against a team with a good defense and the best RB in the league. Yes, the Eagles have a good run defense, apparently really good on first down specifically, but AD is still AD. Yes, Andy Reid is 6-0 in his first playoff game per year, but that's with a different team, a younger McNabb, and a different opponent. Lets not forget that this is the same coach and QB whose head the entire city was calling for a mere few weeks ago.

I recently read an article that describes the Eagles as not playing their opponents, but rather, playing themselves. I think that accurately describes our team. We have the talent to beat ANYONE in the league, but when we lose, it's usually because of dumb mistakes.

Limit the mistakes, and we will win.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting