OK - Here's my final thoughts on the game:
1) Desean Jackson is a huge talent and one of the only Eagles WRs to ever be actually open when he catches the ball instead of having a defender draped all over him. Watching him return punts is a lot of fun, too. But the guy has maturity issues and I think Reid is gonna give him another talk. He got in Childress' face after a play tonight - not cool and could've been a penalty. He also pushed Westbrook into the endzone as he was about to get tackled. That should have been a penalty and the Eagles are lucky it was not called.
2) I love watching AD play, but I didn't know he could be a d!ck. That taunting as he went into the end zone on the 40-yard scamper should have earned him a confrontation at the least by the Eagles D. In the old days, he would have got roughed up for it. Either way, not cool.
3) Clemens is peaking at exactly the right time. He was all over the field last week and scored a TD. This week, he dumped TJack on the INT for a TD and also at least one other time in the backfield. He is really becoming a force for this defense.
4) The Eagles do not miss LJ Smith at all and won't next year. Celek looked good tonight with 6 catches for 56 yards. More importantly, I can remember 2 third and long grabs that he had for 1st downs.
5) Matt Birk = Tony Romo? choke, choke.
6) What the heck was that "Forward progress stopped" as McNabb was back pedaling? Worst call of the playoffs so far. I could understand a grounding call there, but forward progress? Has anyone ever seen a call like that before?
7) With 3 time outs left and the Eagles forced to punt, MIN opted not to call a time out with about 4:30 left. They finally got the ball back with 3:41 left. That was tough to understand for me at the time.
8) Akeem Jordan has been making plays lately. Enough to replace Chris Gocong in the starting lineup. But that slap to the helmet on TJack on 3rd and 10 could've cost the Eagles as it gave MIN a fresh set of downs and a 15 yard penalty.
9) The Eagles offense was fairly putrid throughout the game, yet McNabb still managed 300 yards. Reid gave Westbrook the ball 20 times (for only 38 yards, but still).
10) McNabb's INT on 3rd and 1. What the heck? I know he thought MIN defense wasn't ready, but one quick look at where the CB was and...whatever. I just hate that stupid decision, because it could've been more ammo for the McNabb haters to boo him out of town, had the Eagles lost.
That's all. Thanks again to Metroid for designing those sigs and thanks to treat for wearing it with pride!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)