Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 18 GC: Philadelphia @ Minnesota

Postby eagles21 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:54 pm

That was ugly. But we won. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:57 pm

eagles21 wrote:That was ugly. But we won. ;-D

Meh...I wouldn't say ugly. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Metroid wrote:

Well, up until that screenplay to Westy. But before that, it was anyone's game. It was ugly and scary to me at least. ;-)
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:52 pm

logan wrote:hey look howard eskin down on the sideline. dear tarvaris i will buy you something if you throw one away right into his head.

LOL! Love it!

(I secretly like Eskin, though)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:53 pm

treat24 wrote:dawkins helmet to chin of peterson as he's already going down... just like dawkins

That's a cheap shot, treat. Dawkins is not and is never accused of being a dirty player. Sometimes thoughs helmet-2-helmets happen on accident, and I think that is what happened there. Tough to line up a good shot as the guy is changing levels.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Metroid wrote:

What the heck is MEH? I can't figure it out, but I've seen it a lot lately.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Umm Dawkins is pretty dirty. The late hit on Ike Hilliard that netted Dawkins a $50K fine comes to mind. Anyway, call me a homer but if the Eagles play as they did today they are going to get beat badly next week. :-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Amazinz wrote:Umm Dawkins is pretty dirty. The late hit on Ike Hilliard that netted Dawkins a $50K fine comes to mind. Anyway, call me a homer but if the Eagles play as they did today they are going to get beat badly next week. :-)

homer.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:24 pm

OK - Here's my final thoughts on the game:

1) Desean Jackson is a huge talent and one of the only Eagles WRs to ever be actually open when he catches the ball instead of having a defender draped all over him. Watching him return punts is a lot of fun, too. But the guy has maturity issues and I think Reid is gonna give him another talk. He got in Childress' face after a play tonight - not cool and could've been a penalty. He also pushed Westbrook into the endzone as he was about to get tackled. That should have been a penalty and the Eagles are lucky it was not called.

2) I love watching AD play, but I didn't know he could be a d!ck. That taunting as he went into the end zone on the 40-yard scamper should have earned him a confrontation at the least by the Eagles D. In the old days, he would have got roughed up for it. Either way, not cool.

3) Clemens is peaking at exactly the right time. He was all over the field last week and scored a TD. This week, he dumped TJack on the INT for a TD and also at least one other time in the backfield. He is really becoming a force for this defense.

4) The Eagles do not miss LJ Smith at all and won't next year. Celek looked good tonight with 6 catches for 56 yards. More importantly, I can remember 2 third and long grabs that he had for 1st downs.

5) Matt Birk = Tony Romo? choke, choke.

6) What the heck was that "Forward progress stopped" as McNabb was back pedaling? Worst call of the playoffs so far. I could understand a grounding call there, but forward progress? Has anyone ever seen a call like that before?

7) With 3 time outs left and the Eagles forced to punt, MIN opted not to call a time out with about 4:30 left. They finally got the ball back with 3:41 left. That was tough to understand for me at the time.

8) Akeem Jordan has been making plays lately. Enough to replace Chris Gocong in the starting lineup. But that slap to the helmet on TJack on 3rd and 10 could've cost the Eagles as it gave MIN a fresh set of downs and a 15 yard penalty.

9) The Eagles offense was fairly putrid throughout the game, yet McNabb still managed 300 yards. Reid gave Westbrook the ball 20 times (for only 38 yards, but still).

10) McNabb's INT on 3rd and 1. What the heck? I know he thought MIN defense wasn't ready, but one quick look at where the CB was and...whatever. I just hate that stupid decision, because it could've been more ammo for the McNabb haters to boo him out of town, had the Eagles lost.

That's all. Thanks again to Metroid for designing those sigs and thanks to treat for wearing it with pride!
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SniperShot » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:12 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Metroid wrote:

What the heck is MEH? I can't figure it out, but I've seen it a lot lately.
From the URBAN Dictionary:

1. Meh

Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meh

It's quite a popular online/forum phrase used these days.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting