I hate to say it, but.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I hate to say it, but....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I hate to say it, but....

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 am

I dont' watch a lot of football anymore - at least, not NFL football. They cram SO MANY commercials in the games that it's just about unwatchable for me. TD. Commercial. Kickoff. Commercial. Three-and-out/punt. Commercial. You're watching six minutes of commercials in about two minutes of game time. Plus all the sponsors and promos and whatnot - ugh.

Kudos to the NFL that it's a viable money-maker, but count me out. The average college game has far less commercials, especially on the off-channels like ESPN2 or FOX.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I hate to say it, but....

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:14 am

the break in the action does get frusturating...at least when there are 2 games on i can flip back and forth (although usually to another commercial :-C )...i still watch as much NFL as the wife will allow (usually the first 2 Sunday games)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk