BC Fires Coach Jags for Interviewing with Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

BC Fires Coach Jags for Interviewing with Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: BC Fires Coach Jags for Interviewing with Jets

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:23 pm

I heard that for their next move, BC is going to start pulling the scholarships of players that submit their paperwork to the NFL draft review board and then decide to come back to school. It would only make sense B-)

Really though, a certain level of turnover is expected in sports, especially when similar jobs are separated by millions of dollars. If BC expects to find a coach that is A) a good coach and B) wants to stick around for 15 years, then they should just give up on their search right now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: BC Fires Coach Jags for Interviewing with Jets

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I heard that for their next move, BC is going to start pulling the scholarships of players that submit their paperwork to the NFL draft review board and then decide to come back to school. It would only make sense B-)

Really though, a certain level of turnover is expected in sports, especially when similar jobs are separated by millions of dollars. If BC expects to find a coach that is A) a good coach and B) wants to stick around for 15 years, then they should just give up on their search right now.

Totally, the days of coaches sticking around 15+ years are pretty much gone. I understand why they canned him but I think it's pretty stupid, agree with Shoeless. The guy should be able to interview, if you want him bad enough then make a counter offer.

How stoked is BC's next coach about taking the job, knowing that he may be canned for wanting to better his career? BC is far from anyones "dream job."
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football