I did this for the first time... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I did this for the first time...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I did this for the first time...

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 am

This thread is for mentioning stuff you recently did for the first time.

I'll start, last night I went shoe shopping with my wife. I have managed to avoid shoe shopping with a woman my entire life. It only took about 30 minutes. I hear this is very good. She new exactly what she needed... so it was easy. However, it was the most boring, annoying, horrible time. It felt like 2 hours. I now understand the jokes. I am a usually patient guy in person. Maybe it was just the night... maybe I was in a mood or tired... which I was, fell asleep when I got home. Just wasn't fun.

The nice part... i feigned interest and enjoyment a little too well. My wife loved every minute and wants it to be a tradition. Buying each other shoes as part of a birthday present. We both run and workout a lot and run through workout shoes each year so it makes sense.

She loved it, doesn't realize I hated it. Raff, shhhh :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: I did this for the first time...

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 am

I've been shoe sopping with Shannon quite a few times and it doesn't bother me...probably because it's in the midst of us both shopping. I'm a strange bird in that I actually enjoy shopping some, not like most ladies do but probably more than most guys do. :-?

I've had a lot of firsts this week. I for the first time in my 32 years attended college classes! I've done my first college homework assignment, and bought my first college books.....BLEH! :-o :-t

Anyway after today I will have completed my first week of college and I have to say so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm so glad I made the decision to go, hopefully I still feel the same in 6 weeks. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

Metroid wrote:I've been shoe sopping with Shannon quite a few times and it doesn't bother me...probably because it's in the midst of us both shopping. I'm a strange bird in that I actually enjoy shopping some, not like most ladies do but probably more than most guys do. :-?

I've had a lot of firsts this week. I for the first time in my 32 years attended college classes! I've done my first college homework assignment, and bought my first college books.....BLEH! :-o :-t

Anyway after today I will have completed my first week of college and I have to say so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm so glad I made the decision to go, hopefully I still feel the same in 6 weeks. :-D

I love shopping, I do... I love it. Like you... more than most guys, but less than most women. I was not shopping for anything though. It was purely me following her around to two different shoe stores as she tried on shoes that I couldn't care less about the differences. Being in a loving relationship... sometimes you do the stuff you don't enjoy for the people you love though :-D

Awesome about the college man... I'm really glad you are enjoying it! What exactly are you studying? :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:41 am

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I've been shoe sopping with Shannon quite a few times and it doesn't bother me...probably because it's in the midst of us both shopping. I'm a strange bird in that I actually enjoy shopping some, not like most ladies do but probably more than most guys do. :-?

I love shopping, I do... I love it. Like you... more than most guys, but less than most women. I was not shopping for anything though. It was purely me following her around to two different shoe stores as she tried on shoes that I couldn't care less about the differences. Being in a loving relationship... sometimes you do the stuff you don't enjoy for the people you love though :-D

Awesome about the college man... I'm really glad you are enjoying it! What exactly are you studying? :-)

Yeah I don't like shopping "just for her." That makes me wanna pull my hair out, if I'm also shopping then I don't mind....does depend on my mood though. :-D

What am I studying? Basic general education classes right now, the type of classes a fella might take if he has been out of school for....say....15 years. :-B

A pretty basic math class(I've always been awful at math) and Writing 121...pretty sure thats where most people start with English classes. And then I'm taking a 3D design class and a basic weightlifting/cardio class. So really a pretty light load to start with...just wanna get my feet wet. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 am

All the good things I'd like to say in this thread are not family friendly. :-D

Kudos to you guys for shopping with your ladies. I've done it... and I don't do it any more. Sometimes when we're out looking for stuff for the kid the wife will see a sale or something she'd like, and I'm there so I get embroiled, but for the most part she does that on her own.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am

i'm with the rest of you...i dont mind shopping EXCEPT when it is stuff for her...i think my wife has to literally walk around and look at every single item of clothing no less than 5 times. sometimes she will pick up an item on the 2nd or 3rd pass and then continue to walk around and look at more (usually for something to match it). then god forbid if they have to try anything on. she'll also pull the "ok i'm done now you stand in line while i go look for more stuff"

i usually try to avoid Just For Her trips (although the good part is i can monitor her spending), but i still get pulled into the "i just want to look real quick (i.e. 30 minutes)" scheme

to make it up i torture her by making her come to Best Buy with me, but after about 5 minutes of browsing she starts whining that i'm taking to long
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:30 pm

I can stand shopping for my wife for about 40 minutes or so. After that, I get irritable. Usually it is because we have the kids with us and they can't stop whining about how they are bored or want to buy something.

Anyway, the worst part for me is that I offer to stay home and watch the kids while she shops. But she NEEDs me there so I can offer my opinion on the things she tries on. It's a living hell that hopefully will help me get into heaven one day.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:35 pm

joejlitz wrote:I can stand shopping for my wife for about 40 minutes or so. After that, I get irritable. Usually it is because we have the kids with us and they can't stop whining about how they are bored or want to buy something.

Anyway, the worst part for me is that I offer to stay home and watch the kids while she shops. But she NEEDs me there so I can offer my opinion on the things she tries on. It's a living hell that hopefully will help me get into heaven one day.

it's a man law dude - number 43

43. All men have the right to remain silent when asked by a woman "do you like this". And the right to leave the room.

I've read all 113 of them. they are quite hysterical. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I had two firsts this week:

1) My wife and I went swimming with dolphins. It was one of the most fun times I had with her and a unique experience. Expensive as hell, but it's a lifetime memory. We got to pet their bellies and backs, splash fight with them, hold up a bar so that they could jump over it (inches from our faces), and shake "hands" with them. We also had two come up to each one of us and we would grab their dorsal fins while they pulled us through the water. Got a lot of great pics and video, too.

2) I ate Key Lime pie in Key Largo. It was ok.

I always try to do that. I've had Buffalo Wings in Buffalo, Chicago-style pizza in Chicago, a Cheeseburger in Jimmy Buffett's Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant, etc.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:40 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I can stand shopping for my wife for about 40 minutes or so. After that, I get irritable. Usually it is because we have the kids with us and they can't stop whining about how they are bored or want to buy something.

it's a man law dude - number 43

43. All men have the right to remain silent when asked by a woman "do you like this". And the right to leave the room.

I've read all 113 of them. they are quite hysterical. :-b

LOL. I like that man law. My new law is that for all of this time shopping with her, I should be entitled to one quickie in the changing room. Still "massaging" that idea with her.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk