Established Cafe Members $$ League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Established Cafe Members $$ League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Established Cafe Members $$ League

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm tired of betting on individual games (sort of). I'm better at Fantasy, so I figure why not drop a couple Ns on fantasy instead of simple 1/4 bets on individual games? Each week...

I'm better at fantasy. Therefore I am looking for a serious $$ league next year - hopefully sponsored by or participating with some regular cafe members that I have seen around the boards. Guys I "know" and guys that "know" me. I'm not rich. Looking at a couple of hundred bucks to enter. More important that I can trust to get paid if I win. Need a member and know me? Leave me a PM.

Peace,

Litz
Last edited by joejlitz on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Moderator $$$$$$$$$$ League

Postby grover99 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:48 am

I would also be interested in a league like this. I don't "know" anybody here, but I would like to do a league with some cafe members. Let me know if anything comes up.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby danielgreen091 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Im not sure if ive been around enough for you to "know" me or be "known" but I would definantly be interested.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Well, this thread has been up long enough for most moderators to see it and it doesn't appear there is any interest. I suppose we could form a nucleus of a new league next year. But the trouble will be recruiting people we trust to join. People who will pay the league fee.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am

Hey Joe I'm in. Don't be so hasty to give up on people to join. there are many members who won't start coming around until around NFL Draft day. Don't have enough by the middle of may, then give it up. I'd be willing to help you run the league.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Hey Joe I'm in. Don't be so hasty to give up on people to join. there are many members who won't start coming around until around NFL Draft day. Don't have enough by the middle of may, then give it up. I'd be willing to help you run the league.

Cool. I would rather join a league already established, but if need be we can start our own!
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I would give it a shot. It'd be my first money league online, I might have an idea for the cash too.
wwwDOTleaguesafeDOTcom
Check it out, I looked at a couple threads elsewhere and found some references to this. Its a free service that handles the money to eliminate the fear of someone bolting. Looks good to me, I wouldn't be as worried about using something like that thats been around a few years and it was started by the dude who started fanball.com. I'm thinking $50 is about the most I'd want to do, it's not for the money per se, it's more the challenge and it always means more when you got a buck on it.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cincypalmer » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 pm

I would definatly be into a $$$$ league on line. Sign me up. Lets get like 10 owners and figure something out asap.

My league consists of 8 teams. We keep all players every year. Team rosters cannot exceed 28 players excluding defense. Every year we have a 3 round entry draft with the bottom 4 teams being in a lottery for the 1st overall pick.We start 2 qbs, 3rbs, 3 wrs, 2tes and 1 d. Basic point system..1 point 25 yards qb..1 point 10 yards rb/wr/te rush or recieving. 6 points for all tds run/throw/catch...minus 2 for int/fum.. At the end of the year each team draws a player from a hat and that player becomes a free agent and is put into a silent auction. My team consists of the following:
manning-romo-warner-shaubb-kitna
andre johnson-edwards-clayton-owens-marshall-jennings
peterson-parker-stewart-taylor-benson-julious jones-graham-micheal bush
danials-winslow-witten
baltimore-chicago.

The league is entering its 5th year, i won it in 2008.
"THE CHAMP IS HERE"
cincypalmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cincypalmer » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Lets start are own. Owners dont pay there league fees they are out and we just find someone else. Even if we only find 8 guys we can start with that. I think it would be pretty awesome doing a money online league with cafe members....oh yaaaa.
"THE CHAMP IS HERE"
cincypalmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 am

I would be all for it if we can all agree on the money...i've seen online funds get absconded before and it just sucks. Also if we start discussing format, I'd prefer a more standard q/r/r/w/w/t/k/d type of setup, maybe a couple flexes or a 2nd qb thrown in. I've never really done idp before and spend plenty of time obsessing over the off myself :-) I'll go with a majority, tho...just thought i'd throw that out there ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Classifieds