Established Cafe Members $$ League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Established Cafe Members $$ League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Moderator $$$$$$$$$$ League

Postby cincypalmer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:22 pm

ya i would agree with those postions. Well, that would make 2 guaranteed to be in. ANY MORE? I want to get atleast 8 owners and get something setup. We will do pretty standard scoring. Pretty much like i have posted below. Sooner we get the owners sooner we can get details worked out. I can help run it, i already run 1 and help with another. PM me if you want in. Leave me a message with your fantasy football experiance and a little about yourself.

My league consists of 8 teams. We keep all players every year. Team rosters cannot exceed 28 players excluding defense. Every year we have a 3 round entry draft with the bottom 4 teams being in a lottery for the 1st overall pick.We start 2 qbs, 3rbs, 3 wrs, 2tes and 1 d. Basic point system..1 point 25 yards qb..1 point 10 yards rb/wr/te rush or recieving. 6 points for all tds run/throw/catch...minus 2 for int/fum.. At the end of the year each team draws a player from a hat and that player becomes a free agent and is put into a silent auction. My team consists of the following:
manning-romo-warner-shaubb-kitna
andre johnson-edwards-clayton-owens-marshall-jennings
peterson-parker-stewart-taylor-benson-julious jones-graham-micheal bush
danials-winslow-witten
baltimore-chicago.

The league is entering its 5th year, i won it in 2008.
"THE CHAMP IS HERE"
cincypalmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Joe if you are going to do this as a dynasty as has been suggested I am not interested. If I am doing a money league would need to be redraft or at most a 2 keeper league. Anything else you are spending more time in the offseason trying to get someone to take a taem with almost no chance of winning than anything else. Especially at the dollar amount we were discussing.

a 100 or 200 dollar money league in a dynasty format would be looking for 50% new members in almost all years. I would bet you that it would be defunct in 3 years.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby cincypalmer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I TOTALLY disagree. Thats why you charge 50 bucks to buy your franchise and that is a one time buyin. The other money is generated from trades and free agent bids. I have had one for 7 years now and there is no way anyone would ever leave it. The rules are set to help the bad teams every year. If you dont want to be in it, thats fine but shouldnt discourage others from joining. ANYBODY INTERESTED, PLEASE GO TO THE CLASSIFIEDS, I HAVE POSTED INFO THERE.

Cincy
"THE CHAMP IS HERE"
cincypalmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Established Cafe Members $$ League

Postby joejlitz » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:44 am

houstonherdfan wrote:Joe if you are going to do this as a dynasty as has been suggested I am not interested. If I am doing a money league would need to be redraft or at most a 2 keeper league. Anything else you are spending more time in the offseason trying to get someone to take a taem with almost no chance of winning than anything else. Especially at the dollar amount we were discussing.

a 100 or 200 dollar money league in a dynasty format would be looking for 50% new members in almost all years. I would bet you that it would be defunct in 3 years.

HHF - I'm not interested in dynasty or keeper. Cincypalmer appears to be taking over my thread, here. I PM'ed him and let him know that was not the intent of this thread.

If anyone is still reading this: I prefer not to create a new league. I prefer to join a redraft league already in existance with established members of the cafe.

If that does not happen, I suppose HHF, Grover99, I, and anyone else who has been an established member of the cafe (and hopefully trustworthy) can start up a new league. We have a LOT of time, so I am not rushing.

Peace.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby cincypalmer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:18 am

:~(
"THE CHAMP IS HERE"
cincypalmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattUTD20 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 pm

joejlitz wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:Joe if you are going to do this as a dynasty as has been suggested I am not interested. If I am doing a money league would need to be redraft or at most a 2 keeper league. Anything else you are spending more time in the offseason trying to get someone to take a taem with almost no chance of winning than anything else. Especially at the dollar amount we were discussing.

HHF - I'm not interested in dynasty or keeper. Cincypalmer appears to be taking over my thread, here. I PM'ed him and let him know that was not the intent of this thread.

If anyone is still reading this: I prefer not to create a new league. I prefer to join a redraft league already in existance with established members of the cafe.

If that does not happen, I suppose HHF, Grover99, I, and anyone else who has been an established member of the cafe (and hopefully trustworthy) can start up a new league. We have a LOT of time, so I am not rushing.

Peace.

I don't know how established I am, but if you end up needing someone to fill a slot, send me a PM.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby water boy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:53 pm

i would be interested also depending on the price,i think dynasty for a money league would not be a good idea.

thanks SJNez46 for the sweet sig
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Classifieds