I ate meat last night for the first time in 12 years - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I ate meat last night for the first time in 12 years

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I ate meat last night for the first time in 12 years

Postby Madison » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Madison wrote:
biju wrote:So the question is, was my mind/body craving the meat for some essential mineral

I'm no doctor or nutritionist, but I generally believe when my mind/body craves a particular food (not want it, crave it), then there's a reason and purpose behind it that I'm not consciously aware of. And generally I indulge that craving if possible (luckily it's pretty rare I have a high metabolism, so regardless of what I eat I don't gain any weight). But you said you've been a vegetarian for over 12 years, so that really doesn't sound like the case here as I'd have thought you'd have major cravings much, much sooner. :-?

Giving up meat is something I don't think I could ever do. I love steak and seafood too much. O:-)

Thankfully your body doesn't crave things like a bottle of vodka or cocaine.

Oh a drink sounds good here and there. I wouldn't call it a craving, but I do drink some and I'm always responsible with it. No one has ever had to fight me for my keys or anything.

As to cocaine, never tried the stuff. Don't care much for things that can kill me the first time I try it.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Madison wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Madison wrote:
I'm no doctor or nutritionist, but I generally believe when my mind/body craves a particular food (not want it, crave it), then there's a reason and purpose behind it that I'm not consciously aware of. And generally I indulge that craving if possible (luckily it's pretty rare I have a high metabolism, so regardless of what I eat I don't gain any weight). But you said you've been a vegetarian for over 12 years, so that really doesn't sound like the case here as I'd have thought you'd have major cravings much, much sooner. :-?

Giving up meat is something I don't think I could ever do. I love steak and seafood too much. O:-)

Thankfully your body doesn't crave things like a bottle of vodka or cocaine.

Oh a drink sounds good here and there. I wouldn't call it a craving, but I do drink some and I'm always responsible with it. No one has ever had to fight me for my keys or anything.

As to cocaine, never tried the stuff. Don't care much for things that can kill me the first time I try it.

Meh it wouldn't kill you....well I guess it could if you stuck a whole 8 ball up your nose at once. :-b

But yeah not doing cocaine is a good thing if you actually care for your body. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm

I could never go without meat...I'm blessed with good cholesterol even though the high blood pressure is there (under control with meds...and I inherited HBP, think the whole damn family has it :-?

I can't imagine life without a good steak, cheeseburger, and yes...BACON!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:I could never go without meat...I'm blessed with good cholesterol even though the high blood pressure is there (under control with meds...and I inherited HBP, think the whole damn family has it :-?

Man after my own heart. ;-D

I eat meat typically twice a day and personally think man is an omnivore, and is best served eating meat and other stuff... but to each his own. I couldn't care less if somebody is vegan or whatever, but please don't get in my grill about my diet either. ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Tyeattolah wrote:I could never go without meat...I'm blessed with good cholesterol even though the high blood pressure is there (under control with meds...and I inherited HBP, think the whole damn family has it :-?

I eat meat typically twice a day and personally think man is an omnivore, and is best served eating meat and other stuff... but to each his own. I couldn't care less if somebody is vegan or whatever, but please don't get in my grill about my diet either. ;-)

I'm certainly not trying to get in anyone's "grill" :-D when I say this, but while we are omnivorous it's usually the amount of meat that is the problem. For thousands of years we were basically scavengers with no good way to hunt. Now you can access it rather easily and I think most studies find that our diet as a whole population is too meat heavy.

But by that same token, we were also eating meat in small doses, so few diets are perfect. :-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Metroid wrote:Meh it wouldn't kill you....well I guess it could if you stuck a whole 8 ball up your nose at once. :-b

But yeah not doing cocaine is a good thing if you actually care for your body. ;-D

Just too many stories about people getting "bad" stuff that's mixed with all kinds of junk. Sad as it is, back in high school I could have easily gotten my hands on pure anything I could have wanted. Now it would be a gamble since I didn't maintain any old high school contacts and that was a long time ago.

Not to mention that I just don't think it's worth the chance of going to jail over. But seeing as how I've never tried cocaine, maybe it is worth it and I just don't know it. :-b But I'm not going to find out, and have no desire to do so. Give me liquor and a hot stripper on my lap and I'm perfectly happy. O:-) And both are legal and easy to find. :-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:39 am

Madison wrote: Give me liquor and a hot stripper on my lap

I'm gunna use that as the title of your biography, Mad :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:38 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Madison wrote: Give me liquor and a hot stripper on my lap

I'm gunna use that as the title of your biography, Mad :-)

I'd read it! :-B

:-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:21 pm

Madison wrote:As to cocaine, never tried the stuff. Don't care much for things that can kill me the first time I try it.

sky diving? snorkeling? playing with gun powder? ...Driving? Walking down the street?

ok, so maybe that's a bit extreme... :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:29 am

biju wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

I'm certainly not trying to get in anyone's "grill" :-D when I say this, but while we are omnivorous it's usually the amount of meat that is the problem. For thousands of years we were basically scavengers with no good way to hunt. Now you can access it rather easily and I think most studies find that our diet as a whole population is too meat heavy.

Ya, Mon! ;-D
Meat... it's what's for dinner.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk