I ate meat last night for the first time in 12 years - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I ate meat last night for the first time in 12 years

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I ate meat last night for the first time in 12 years

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm

I would die without meat. I eat red meat usually twice a day, sometimes only once, and every 6 months or so, I go a whole day without it. I'm about to be 28 years old but I probably have the cholesterol of someone who's 65 and weighs 300 lbs. :)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am

bagobonez wrote:I would die without meat. I eat red meat usually twice a day, sometimes only once, and every 6 months or so, I go a whole day without it. I'm about to be 28 years old but I probably have the cholesterol of someone who's 65 and weighs 300 lbs. :)

Yikes man....you trying to burn out early? :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

bagobonez wrote:I would die without meat. I eat red meat usually twice a day, sometimes only once, and every 6 months or so, I go a whole day without it. I'm about to be 28 years old but I probably have the cholesterol of someone who's 65 and weighs 300 lbs. :)

Aren't you the guy who's trying to be a cop? No wonder you keep getting lumped up.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 am

off the subject but this thread reminded me about when i was working at a pizza place when i was 14. one of the delivery guys requested a pizza for his 8 year old daughter and said to just put whatever on it, except meat because his daughter doesnt like meat. so the pizza maker says "she'll like the meat in about 10 years"...somehow fisticuffs didnt ensue. for whatever reason from time to time when i hear the word meat it triggers that memory
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:44 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:off the subject but this thread reminded me about when i was working at a pizza place when i was 14. one of the delivery guys requested a pizza for his 8 year old daughter and said to just put whatever on it, except meat because his daughter doesnt like meat. so the pizza maker says "she'll like the meat in about 10 years"...somehow fisticuffs didnt ensue. for whatever reason from time to time when i hear the word meat it triggers that memory

Dan Lambskin = The Pizza Maker?

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 am

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:off the subject but this thread reminded me about when i was working at a pizza place when i was 14. one of the delivery guys requested a pizza for his 8 year old daughter and said to just put whatever on it, except meat because his daughter doesnt like meat. so the pizza maker says "she'll like the meat in about 10 years"...somehow fisticuffs didnt ensue. for whatever reason from time to time when i hear the word meat it triggers that memory

Dan Lambskin = The Pizza Maker?

:-b

:-b no...but it does sound like something i'd say. i did say something to piss someone off while working there, but i have no idea what it was now
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am

I used to be a pizza maker...but not the pizza maker :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Matthias » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 am

I would say stay strong, biju. I was vegetarian for 3 years in college and it's a much healthier way to live. As you say, a little red meat here and there won't kill you, but it's much easier to go overboard and eat too much than have real concerns about eating too little.

As far as your distaste halfway through, it could just be being unaccustomed to the heaviness of meat; it could be that you were using enzymes to break down the proteins that you hadn't for a while; or it could just be your body saying it wasn't used to it.

Especially if you have an all-of-nothing personality (which I kind of do as well) I would say just stay clear. As long as you don't go all the way vegan and cut out cheese, there's plenty of great vegetarian options (as I'm sure you know).
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk